General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

We will find out soon enough whether it's RM as Whelan will spill the beans, but I think it may be Lambert who I would be happy with just to piss the Norwich fans off!

Think its you that'll be pissed off, does this sound like a guy jumping ship?

Check date.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_paul_lambert_wants_to_do_more_than_survive_in_premier_league_1_1390765

Don't need to check date pal, put it this way if he's approached and offered the job he'll come and then you wipe your arse with that article.

We will find out soon enough whether it's RM as Whelan will spill the beans, but I think it may be Lambert who I would be happy with just to piss the Norwich fans off!

Check date.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_paul_lambert_wants_to_do_more_than_survive_in_premier_league_1_1390765

Don't need to check date pal, put it this way if he's approached and offered the job he'll come and then you wipe your arse with that article.

This. No way in hell that he would stay at Norwich if this is the scenario, but the fact remains that we haven't even approached so it is kind of irrelevant.

Check date.

And thats why you'll fail in getting him, too cock sure!

I love the young and upcoming manager considering Martinez is younger than OGS!

Yeh but we have seen what he does with a club with limited resources, I want to see someone fresh come in.

Check date.

And thats why you'll fail in getting him, too cock sure!

There must be a joke about webbed feet, just can't think of one

Interesting piece in Birmingham Mail by Kendrick this morning....

3 names on shortlist for Villa job including Martinez & Lambert

I wonder who the 3rd name is?

It wont be Lambert or Martinez at Villa, I think Poyet will be named villa manager at some point next week. I dont see Martinez or Lambert going anywhere and staying at their respective teams. Martinez would only consider Liverpool and i dont think Lambert fancies the villa at all.

Having said that Randy might throw in a curve ball and appoint someone totally off the radar. He has done this the only two times he has appointed a manager!

can someone post that story from mail cant get on the site? thanks

The next Aston Villa manager? Roberto Martinez and Paul Lambert Villa’s optimistic timeframe for making an appointment suggests they are now at an advanced stage with their chosen candidate.

They are believed to have received positive encouragement from both the Martinez and Lambert camps, but would still need permission from the respective clubs to speak to either manager, while there would also be the matter of compensation to discuss further down the line.

Martinez, who has also been courted by Liverpool, met the Anfield club’s backers, the Fenway Sports Group, in Miami last week and is understood to have spoken to them yesterday.

But it is believed he was put off by the restricted responsibilities in the management structure the Merseyside club were proposing. Liverpool’s American owners want to employ a director of football and have reportedly sounded out experienced Dutchman Louis van Gaal about the role.

Brendan Rodgers, who is also admired by the Villa hierarchy, has taken over from Martinez as the bookmakers’ favourite to replace Kenny Dalglish at Anfield.

Rodgers met his Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins for talks about his future yesterday, although the Welsh club insist it was a routine meeting and Liverpool were not discussed.

Villa, meanwhile, are offering their new boss a more conventional managerial post which is believed to appeal to Martinez and Lambert, who prefer total control over football matters

I cannot really pick between Lambert & Martinez. But because I hate Norfolk and Wiz is getting on my tits, I would get a little more satisfaction with it being Lambert.

Petty, I know but hey!

:D I didn't want to be the first to say it, cheers.

How many managers throughout history have not flirted with relegation, how well teams perform tends to reflect their ambition, wigan were never going to try and get into Europe but to miss relegation and be mid table, also to make enough money to survive, with their fan base and income that means selling players every year, to remain in the premier league every year to me is a hell of an achievement,

Both Steve Bruce & Paul Jewel got them higher up the league than Martinez

Times change, I have never seen leagues like the last 2 seasons with so little points difference between the top 4 and bottom of the league, the league used to be 3 tier but is now to an extent 2 tier, ever team seems capable of beating any other team where no one is scared at having a crack at the big boys, there is not alot of difference in the bottom 10 teams. It used to be if you play the bottom teams you expect 3 points, not even the top teams can rely on this now.

Hell if we won 4 more games then we could have been in the top 10, this was achievable if we had took chances and did not set out to draw.

There is a reason steve Bruce is out of work and RM is in demand.

That's an excellent point.

Interesting piece in Birmingham Mail by Kendrick this morning....

3 names on shortlist for Villa job including Martinez & Lambert

I wonder who the 3rd name is?

I have said before Kendrick is far more in the know than anyone these days and definately out of all the journalists gets more snippets than anyone from Villa . Interesting bit about behind the closed doors meeting with Martinez representatives . I think Lerner making sure that RM will take it ibefore we ask Wigan official permission to speak to him . Whelan though will no doubt still want his say to all and sundry

The only conclusion I can come to is that Aston Villa Frightens some of them and if that the case they are no good for us, so by snubbing as as some see it, wwe are probably better off.

love this comment and its very true