General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Didn't Southgate rule himself out the other week? Also with the news breaking this week that sweeping changes are going to be made to the youth setups in the country, you'd think he would have his plate full. I doubt he's even being considered frankly.

I honestly have no idea who we'll appoint, but hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised. I'd love Laudrup personally.

per the bookies - Lambert has just gone odds on - Martinez around 3-1 -Benitez around 6-1

Cant understand why lambert is odds on - hes at another club - said hes happy there - and there board have said they would refuse an approach - even if we get to talk to him ....would he come. I would really like him - but in view of all the obstacles can't see why he is so heavily backed.

ok this isn't the usual the bookies have stopped taking bets - Betdaq have SP next to Martinez for villa - but they are still quoting for other managers - and indeed are still quoting martinez @ 4/1 for liverpool ?

Wots this mean betting gurus ?

per the bookies - Lambert has just gone odds on - Martinez around 3-1 -Benitez around 6-1

Cant understand why lambert is odds on - hes at another club - said hes happy there - and there board have said they would refuse an approach - even if we get to talk to him ....would he come. I would really like him - but in view of all the obstacles can't see why he is so heavily backed.

Probably because we haven't heard anything since the OGS saga and Lambert is the obvious default favourite.

Cant understand why lambert is odds on - hes at another club - said hes happy there - and there board have said they would refuse an approach -

A cynic would say all that is usually the prelude to a manager moving in the next few days.

ok this isn't the usual the bookies have stopped taking bets - Betdaq have SP next to Martinez for villa - but they are still quoting for other managers - and indeed are still quoting martinez @ 4/1 for liverpool ?

Wots this mean betting gurus ?

Starting price.

"Eager Lerner hopes to resolve the saga on Wednesday, after being informed by Martinez’s representatives that he will consider the job."

Word on the street is Martinez - tomorrow being the day :o!

I've been off here for a few days but I have a strong gut feeling it's going to be Roy Keane.

(no doubt there's been pages on this and concrete reasons why not but he just feels like a RL appointment in the making)

"Eager Lerner hopes to resolve the saga on Wednesday, after being informed by Martinez’s representatives that he will consider the job."

Shades of Houllier here......I didn't get the liverpool job - but I might just consider your little old job at Aston Villa.........

What streets this? Reason why Martinez is coming away in the betting tonight is because he hasnt got the lpool job and bookies are running to cover themselves that he now has free run at villa job. I personally think he will stay at Wigan. Why would he not even talk to us last year and take the job this year?

I've been off here for a few days but I have a strong gut feeling it's going to be Roy Keane.

(no doubt there's been pages on this and concrete reasons why not but he just feels like a RL appointment in the making)

Nope no pages on this as thats just crazy talk!

Randomly, that bumbling idiot Rodney Marsh just tweeted this.

@RodneyMarsh10

I can not believe Martinez has chosen #AVFC over #Liverpool

Not sure what his source is, or if he's on his usual wind up.

Why would he not even talk to us last year and take the job this year?

Because, as was said at the time, he'd got a gentlemen's agreement with Whelan that he'd stay at Wigan for one more year.

I am starting to feel more confident about us landing Martinez tonight. He was my top choice before Ole came on the scene and I think he'd do a great job for us.

I think he'd be foolish to stay at Wigan another season if there are offers to get out. Even a very good manager could find themselves relegated with that club.

What streets this? Reason why Martinez is coming away in the betting tonight is because he hasnt got the lpool job and bookies are running to cover themselves that he now has free run at villa job. I personally think he will stay at Wigan. Why would he not even talk to us last year and take the job this year?

this street: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-liverpool-manager-brendan-rodgers-853325

I know its not much but hey its fun to speculate ;)