General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I do find it funny how all the "ITK" people have just completely disappeared after the OGS drama. One thinks 98% of them are not ITK at all.

Unless it's OGS still? :suspect:

*Clutches straws*

Well Thursday is the deadline for 0% finance and getting your tickets at last seasons prices. I wonder if this will have an affect? I dont know why but I really feel that although anyone will be better than AM the thought of RM does not excite me in the slightest.

After the recent Carlos interview there sounds like there is problems at board level too which dont help.

I think ultimately the problem is that RL isn't as wealthy as he needs to be. His divorce kindof went under the radar on VT, but it can't have helped the situation.

We need the owner, whoever he is, to Either: Spend loads of cash OR Make shrewd, careful decisions (preferably both). Sadly he has done neither for more than two years.

I do find it funny how all the "ITK" people have just completely disappeared after the OGS drama. One thinks 98% of them are not ITK at all.

*Clutches straws*

I think even Randy thought he had OGS. Even Ole himself probably thought he was going. bit hard to blame the ITK when they get fed information and 2 hours later OLE can be convinced to stay by Molde owners.

ITK risk giving info out.. im sure most things are factual (from the reliable ones anyway however alot can change in football.

Dennis Mortimer

LEGENDARY former captain Dennis Mortimer has accused Villa’s underachieving players of selfishly caring more about themselves than the football club.

Mortimer admits the claret and blues’ next boss must shake up the dressing room to rid some squad members of a sense of complacency.

Villa’s European Cup-winning skipper reckons his old team have lacked leadership on the field and says the players must take more responsibility to put it right.

The most important thing is who you bring in as players and what you can get out of them because if they can’t turn it on then you are always going to have problems,” said Mortimer.

“The biggest thing they need to do is get the players sorted out. They need some leadership on the football field, strong players with strong characters fighting for each other and for the team.

“There’s too many players looking after themselves. I just feel there are too many individuals playing their own game.”

Mortimer also felt Villa lack an identity and a way of planning and suggested the players seemed like strangers rather than a collective unit at times last season

B'ham Mail

Didn't agree with Sir Dennis criticism of Stan because of the little bit of ITK I have HE is a player who cares passionately about AVFC.

However he's absolutely spot on with this article!

We need someone who can do NASTY in the dressing room, if you ask me. McLeish & AVB at CFC for that matter are just too nice and both got the sack because they couldn't motivate overpaid teenage mentality so called professional players.

Personally I really hope we go for someone like Moyes or a Poyet because both have fearsome reputations in the dressing room - for not standing crap off players and shipping them out with glee if they carry on being a problem.

I wouldn't rule out RDM neither from what I've heard from a couple of HP sauces - he's very keen apparently if he doesn't get a contract with CFC as his family are settled in the area. CFC fans & players want him to stay - as they feel he indeed motivated the squad after AVB left.

I hope they get this sorted out by the end of the week. The suspense is killing me! If they are going to hire a shit manager again they should just get it over and done with so that we have a bit more time to try and let it sink in before the season starts. I don't want us to still be managerless as the calendar turns to June.

From what I heard the other day, Lambert, for whatever reason, thought that he was our number one target and we were going to pull out all the stops for Norwich to let him go but he was upset when we spoke to Solskjaer. I also heard that Benitez is "desperate" for the job! Now, I was told this on Saturday morning by a mate that has told me stuff in advance in the past and it's ended up being true. I'm not saying he's "ITK' or anything but I know that he grew up with Gabby and still sees him regularly as I've met Gabby several times in the past through my mate. Gabby probably doesn't know anything either though. I'd be surprised if he knew how to spell Agbonlahor!

Forget the Times crap has anyone mentioned getting Glen Hoddle?

Ticks all the box's, cheap, available, hasn't managed a club in years, nutty as a fruit cake.............oh maybe not as he hasn't relegated a club.

Go the Hod!

Didn't he relegate wolves ?

Nope never made the play offs, he did draw 34 of his 76 league games in charge and in his only full season at the club they only scored 50 goals in 46 league games in the championship. Why his name keeps being banded about is completely and utterly beyond me.

:lol:

*Clutches straws*

I think even Randy thought he had OGS. Even Ole himself probably thought he was going. bit hard to blame the ITK when they get fed information and 2 hours later OLE can be convinced to stay by Molde owners.

ITK risk giving info out.. im sure most things are factual (from the reliable ones anyway however alot can change in football.

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming them for anything! I think there are a couple who are ITK, but the rest of them jumped on the bandwagon IMO.

My point being, if all of these people are ITK, then where's me info!? :lol:

If we wanted lambert we would have gone in for him by now. They want martinez. I like the guy, but i don`t think he is so good that we should be put all of our eggs in his basket.

But having said that they must still think they have a chance of getting him if they are waiting like this.

Either way i think our new manager will be in by this time next week.

JulieB, I don't even think we need a manager who is nasty, once the fans have a manager they trust the players have had it. The players knew that AM, they only had to play average for fans to turn on him as with GH, his comments made him a target.

JulieB, I don't even think we need a manager who is nasty, once the fans have a manager they trust the players have had it. The players knew that AM, they only had to play average for fans to turn on him as with GH, his comments made him a target.

Spot on. No place to hide for the players if Randy gets a manager all the fans can get behind.

I'm glad there's no Southgate talk this morning.

If they can't get Premier League stalwarts like Lambert, Martinez and Benítez they need to look abroad at Dutt, Laudrup and Paciencia. None of this failed Bruce, Southgate or Di Matteo rubbish.

Ive been saying it since the OGS thing went belly up that RDM is the most logical choice for this board. The only two appointments the board have made have all won trophies. McLeish - Rangers 2 SPL, 2 Scotish Cups & 3 Scotish League Cups, Birmingham - League Cup. Houiller - 3 Ligue 1, 1 UEFA, FA & 2 League Cups. RDM now has an FA Cup & Champions League medal on his Cv and the board will go for him imo ahead of managers who merely have survived in The Premiership. People talking about left field appointments are kidding themselves in my opinion, the board clearly dont want to gamble with someone who does not have a knowledge of English football.

Spot on. No place to hide for the players if Randy gets a manager all the fans can get behind.

I agree very much that the players last season used McLeish's unpopularity to hide behind... however I disagree that choosing a popular manager with the fans will make much difference.

I don't care WHO we appoint as manager - if they don't win games - the fans will lose patience. And at the end of the day if you've got a squad containing players who can't be bothered to turn up on many occasions, just there to pick up their pay check....then whose fault is it?

We need to do some serious sifting of any bad apples and toss them to one side......, otherwise IMHO we could ask Ferguson to take over and we won't do much better as I've said before.

I'd go for someone who doesn't mind giving the players hell also.

I agree very much that the players last season used McLeish's unpopularity to hide behind... however I disagree that choosing a popular manager with the fans will make much difference.

I don't care WHO we appoint as manager - if they don't win games - the fans will lose patience. And at the end of the day if you've got a squad containing players who can't be bothered to turn up on many occasions, just there to pick up their pay check....then whose fault is it?

We need to do some serious sifting of any bad apples and toss them to one side......, otherwise IMHO we could ask Ferguson to take over and we won't do much better as I've said before.

I think that the fans will give someone else a longer honeymoon period for the right man. Also with a couple of additions a fit Bent and a bit of confidence, we should pick up points.

Although at least couple of additions will be key!

Forget the Times crap has anyone mentioned getting Glen Hoddle?

Ticks all the box's, cheap, available, hasn't managed a club in years, nutty as a fruit cake.............oh maybe not as he hasn't relegated a club.

Go the Hod!

Didn't he relegate wolves ?

Nope never made the play offs, he did draw 34 of his 76 league games in charge and in his only full season at the club they only scored 50 goals in 46 league games in the championship. Why his name keeps being banded about is completely and utterly beyond me.

The clue is on page 332.

Whoever comes in, Job 1 on the to do list is ship out all the troublemakers (we know who they are)

This in itself is a tough job let alone sorting replacements

It will need a very strong character IMHO to crack this

I'm saying if the majority of fans are behind the manager, players have nowhere to hide. MON had his critics, however would you see any of the players we have no performing as they do today like they did for him.