Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

The lack of People being negative on here is strange :winkold:. Atleast I wont have to spend the majority of my time in off topic now!

LAMBO'S CLARET AND BLUE ARMY!

:flag:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the type of thinking we need to get past and thankfully will with Lambert.

He will get us pushing Top 6 and above by a combination of shrewd buys - - not 'marquee' buys - and motivation, tactics, and the best of our youngsters, together with a pretty much united and reinvigorated fan base, and attacking football.

Steady on.

I wonder whether we ought be a little cautious about how high we set the bar for the new manager - at least until he's been in the job for a bit, shown what he is going to do here and how he is going to do it.

As it stands, anything over the £5mill mark might represent a "marquee" signing. In Kevin Keegan stylee, I would love it if we can bring three of four of that type of player in to start to make a difference. A couple of good defenders and a ball winning midfielder for starters. If we can grab a couple of bosmans too, then great. Balance it up by letting the likes of Dunne, Gabby, Bannan, Fonz go.

Holt would be a marquee signing then?

I remember the days when people's eye ball bulged at the thought of Giggs joining Inter for £5m...

Looking good for Karsa & Culverhouse to land...

:thumb:

Excellent, Julie!

Would be great if Lambo could give a final confirmation about these two at the PC.

That is the type of thinking we need to get past and thankfully will with Lambert.

He will get us pushing Top 6 and above by a combination of shrewd buys - - not 'marquee' buys - and motivation, tactics, and the best of our youngsters, together with a pretty much united and reinvigorated fan base, and attacking football.

Steady on.

I wonder whether we ought be a little cautious about how high we set the bar for the new manager - at least until he's been in the job for a bit, shown what he is going to do here and how he is going to do it.

I don't think 'pushing 6th and above' is over the top, and I do think he will do it with tactical awareness, motivational ability, clever (not 'marquee') buying, and getting the best out of what is here.

I have seen enough of him these last few years to convince me he can do that, and if you add in Richards optimism about spending, I think we will push 6th this year, and push for more after that.

(note, push, not necessarily get )

Nothing to complain about at the moment...someone told me today that i needed to find a better team to support and i just said: you wait and watch next season..that someone didnt have a comeback line so i guess we are suddenly to be reckoned with again...so..nothing to complain about for a change..

Whats uuuuuuuuuuuuup?

For me, just having a manager who sends the team out to get 3 points home or away is enough for me to be happy with. There's some positivity around our club for a change and I like it
Yeah, I agree. It was truly horrible watching us this season. I used to travel up to VP knowing full well I'd only see us score two goals at best.

For me, just having a manager who sends the team out to get 3 points home or away is enough for me to be happy with. There's some positivity around our club for a change and I like it
Yeah, I agree. It was truly horrible watching us this season. I used to travel up to VP knowing full well I'd only see us score two goals at best.

Another interesting stat:

Mc :puke: teams only scored more than one goal in 10 out of his last 151 games.

Shocking.

So excited for next season :D All for £295 too! Great price for prem football under a decent manager!

Same here got mine and son's for £395

If I bought the same seats today they'd be over £1300

Since this site cannot exist without some pointless negativity. I would like to complain about our new managers name.

PL - have to do a re-think to remind myself it's not premier league.

Lambert - really, a lamb, hardly threatening stuff.

Lambert - rhymes with nothing cool.

Lambo - please, cheezy link to rambo

I propose a policy to force him to change his name to something more befitting his new role.

Aston V Lion

Paul Lionbert

Lord High Majesty of Time

Paul Holte

Holte Trinity

Shocking.

That stat just really does say it all :lol:

Shocking.

Truly shockingt!!!

Shocking.

Truly shockingt!!!

Mcleish Out !!

Ah those were the days.......

Looking good for Karsa & Culverhouse to land...

:thumb:

Yep almost done now

Will it be done in time for tomorrow's press conference do you think? I'm hoping it'll be announced then.