Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I could have just watched SSN instead of paying 99p for AVTV..

Yeah i fell for that one too....

I thought it would go on for much longer and sky would cut off...

very anti - climatic PC....

Positives

I like PL's demeanour, seems very focused and driven

PL respects the job at hand, fans passion and expectation

He has already told Lerner who he wants to buy

PL wants to try and bring enjoyment factor back to Villa

Negative

Very cagey on Culverhouse and Karsa (wants to assess whats here)

I can only hope its because legally he doesnt want to talk about them because they obviously they are vital to him

Positive or Negative = Holt is definately on his wanted list, im even more sure of that after watching that

Can't believe the stupidity of what I've just seen.

Two little kids told to stop kicking their brand new Villa ball in the car park while waiting to see Lambert! Not even close to cars or people and doing no harm to anyone. This from a club security guy, lost for words at that.

I have a little Lambi crush. :oops:

His accent is kinda hard to understand for a foreigner and I really needed to pay extra attention, but besides that I actually was hoping that one of the journo's would ask the Culverhouse/Kasra question.

He did get asked but as the deal is not done (i.e. Hughton/new Norwich manager causing delays) then he just said he hadn't even thought about it.

I think the way to look at Lambert in dealing with the press is as being the Anti-Candleface.

Rather than being all matey and giving an honest opinion on any question he's asked if Lambert gets a question he doesn't want to answer he just lies back to them/gets angry or says he has no idea what they are talking about.

He could talk back to them in Spanish for all I care

Can't believe the stupidity of what I've just seen.

Two little kids told to stop kicking their brand new Villa ball in the car park while waiting to see Lambert! Not even close to cars or people and doing no harm to anyone. This from a club security guy, lost for words at that.

I`m liking this tough new lambert regime already.

Still a bit nervous about Culverhouse and the other one - as to whether they are coming or not.

I got the feeling that was more to do with legals etc.

Interesting to see that Culverhouse's contract runs out at the end of this month.....

Was closer to O'Neill's positive press conference than Houllier immediately putting the club down.
How did he do that? :?

Well telling us a team that just had 3 top 6 finishes that we are a team that belongs i 10th - 12th was not a very good start was it.

Was closer to O'Neill's positive press conference than Houllier immediately putting the club down.

Well telling us a team that just had 3 top 6 finishes that we are a team that belongs i 10th - 12th was not a very good start was it.

I think he just got his words minced. He wasn't very good at putting his words out properly but then again he's not a native English speaker.

By saying the club is one that belongs in the 7-12th bracket and that MON had worked miracles to get us to 6th. Not a good start.