Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what people expected. Standard questions get standard responses.

Now if a reporter asked the following, the PC may have been a bit more interesting...

'Do you think Paul Faulkner should dye his hair black to get some acceptance from the Villa fans'

Right guy sorry this site went down:

Main jists of the PC:

PL delighted to be here history, size of the club, fanbase, European Cup winners etc

Talk of backroom staff is "for another day" and he is wanting to assess the coaches here too. Sounds like legal stuff. ie CUlverhouse coming but did not want to comment on Norwich.

Spoke to MON about coming. MON very complimentary about Villa, the club, fans etc.

Said he has spoken about players to PF.

PF sad the need to revitalise the squad and provide the funds neccessary for PL to do it.

All very positive stuff.

Damnit.

I actually bothered to pay 99p to watch this as well as installing Opera because of the black screens in both IE and FF, the least I expected was a song and dance from Lambo! But no-o.

OK, joking aside. Nothing but obvious info coming out of this PC. Was hoping for a confirmation on Culverhouse and Karsa, but Lambo took that particular question and spoke himself far and away from it. At least I think, being Norwegian I found his scottish accent to be a bit difficult to follow sometimes.

Interesting to actually see Paul Faulkner live, must say he comes across as very young and green-ish to hold such an important post.

Also said how he wanted to excite the Villa fans and breed a winning mentality.

It was a very good and positive press conference.

Also I was VERY impressed with Faulkner. Came across as personable and business like. Really classy stuff.

Seemed to dodge the question on his backroom staff. I'm a bit worried if I'm honest.

IU would imagine its the contactual elements with Culverhouse.

We're likely to get him on the gratis at the end of June when his contract expires.

It's clear it's dawned on PF and RL what a disaster last season was.

Very impressed with PL. Totally businesslike. Looked like a man who wanted to get out of the press conference and start managing the team. I though the suit was going to be whipped off as a one-piece revealing his snazzy new Villa tracksuit.

Interesting tweet from James Nursey in relation to PL's approach:

1st impressions of Lambert at *AVFC v favourable. Positive, enthusiastic, smiling & cracking jokes. Suggests modifying media style.

I didn't see it but suggests that for Lambert this was engaging.