358 corners without a goal! Why?

Stevo985

So we have gone a run of 358 corners without scoring from from one!

Why do you think this is?

Note: despite not mentioning yesterday's game, and the stat being relevant to the entire season, I have to clarify this is in no way a reaction to the Sunderland game.

I'd say it's delivery as well. We still have players like Dunne, Collins, Clark, Cuellar etc who between them you'd think are capable of scoring a goal or two over the past 18 months from corners.

In recent years the corners were taken by Barry,milner,young and downing. we have failed to replace any of these players hence our deliver in the box from set pieces is totally crap.

Watch the corners instead of hitting them into a space for players to attack players like Collins want them lifted high. Plus I'd like to say we have no good crossers of the ball, the out swinging corner is a waste! We'll go the whole season without scoring from a corner!

358 corners without a goal...............Without 1 goal ???????

So what do they do at training ? play leap frog ? have a sing along ? play hide and seek ? They certainly do not pratise corners.This particular statistic is PATHETIC but then so is our manager.

So what do they do at training ? play leap frog ? have a sing along ? play hide and seek ? They certainly do not pratise corners.This particular statistic is PATHETIC but then so is our manager.

Would explain why our players go missing so often.

Would explain why our players go missing so often.

Missing what ?

The 18 yard box,from corner kicks ?

I'd put a lot of it down to bad luck. I remember a corner in December that we went very close from and I am sure that there were others too. Once Alex gets a chance to address this I'm sure that we will improve.

Once Alex gets a chance to address this!!!!!!!

He's been at VP since last summer, if he hasn't addressed this by now then what the **** has he been doing for the last 10 months or so?

We should play more short corners, I'd be more confident of Bannan, Zog, Ireland, Marc or Gardner curling a ball into the top corner than I would be of us putting a good ball into the box AND one of our players heading it in.

Â