358 corners without a goal! Why?

Stevo985

In recent years the corners were taken by Barry,milner,young and downing. we have failed to replace any of these players hence our deliver in the box from set pieces is totally crap.

Spot on!

It's no secret - good players put in good crosses and good players get on the end of them.

Poor players put in poor crosses and poor players don't get on the end of them. :oops:

Young & Downing were both here last season :?

Its not just this season that its happened, it was the 10th of November 2010 the last time we scored from one.

So we haven't scored from a direct corner for a season and a half ? That's mental.

I'd be interested to see how many we'd conceeded from corners in that time, I bet the figure is quite high

Actually who's been taking the corners, I've seen Bannan take a few and his delivery is ok
no bannan corner taking is crap..i watched collins give bannan a sign to aim the ball straight from a corner..again bannan loops the ball in which hangs in the air & again the keeper collects easy.. i seen collins shake his head. then pennant fire one in froma free kick & hey presto a goal. our set play this year has been down to poor play inho.

Actually who's been taking the corners, I've seen Bannan take a few and his delivery is ok

Vs Sunderland,Albrighton and Nzogbia took the corners. I remember one of Nzgobia's corners missed the 18 yard box completly Albrighton's corners were better, but not by much.How can these guys justify getting over 40k a week when they cant even hit the 6 yard box constintaly ???

He put in a beauty the other day, Baker ducked, alot of the problems from corners is just as our players don't attack them to defend it they don't attack them to score it. Watch how Laursen defended, he attacked the ball, his aim was to win the ball and clear it, our defenders now are like lets stop an opponent.

A lot of our corners are just floated/looped in. These are so easy to defend and much more difficult to attack. Think about it, if the balls dropping in without much power on it, its simple to head it up and away, yet very difficult to head it downwards and generate power.

Since Young left, we have no-one who can whip a ball in accurately and with power, they are much more difficult to defend and only require the slightest touch from anyone for it to go in.

Â