Demitri_C

so its begun a measley 30,100 for todays game, less than than the championship game west ham vs birmingham game on a bank holiday. already the fans are staying away what is it going to be like next season if already our attendences are like this

is randy and faulkner reviewing these worrying attendences? the sole and only reason for this is mcleish. his footballs rubbish, his tactics are rubbish and he is generally the worst manager i have seen at villa since i have supported the club.

i think next season we will be just above the 20s with mcleish in charge. get rid end of season :evil:

I was at the game. Trinity upper, just about as far back as you can get. I had a great view of the whole stadium. I honestly do not believe for one minute that the crowd was as high as this figure. There were rows and rows of empty seats. I have not seen the Holte End that empty since we played in the second tier in the mid 80's. That is where we are heading under this Manager. Randy, take note.

What's our season ticket sales? 25k? Effectively only 5000 people could be bothered to pay to watch this.if eck had any pride or respect for us he should admit he isn't right for the club and resign. We can have a whip round and buy him a leaving present.

I have 2 season tickets but could not attend as I am away. No one but no one wanted them for free. This the shape of things to come next season under McLeish.

Yeah Randy get the costs under control and at the same time shred your turnover. Smartest guy in the room? Eh no!

Highly dubious 30,000 - loads of empty seats.

but 30,000 will be our big crowds next season. People aren't going to pay to watch this - Mcleish or No Mcleish - this just isn't worth £40 a time.

I know people don't like it because they think it affects the players, but, the crowd needs to turn on McLeish for 90 minutes. Unabated chanting about how shit he is and what a poor choice he is as Manager. Intersprese it with chants for the team and individual players, but, nothing but McLeish must go chants for the rest of the time.

but 30,000 will be our big crowds next season. People aren't going to pay to watch this - Mcleish or No Mcleish - this just isn't worth £40 a time.

I didn't go so can't comment on the number of seats, but I know arsenal count the season tickets as an attendance no matter what, so if they only get 40k for a darling cup game they say the attendance is 50k cus they count the no shows. Reckon its what the club have done tonight?

30k still too high

it will need to drop to at least 20 - 25k before the board get desperate and sack the clown in charge

Villa wont get another penny out of me until he's gone i pay to get entertained not to watch paint dry

I am saving £1040 by not buying 2 season tickets for next season.

Either McLeish goes or me and my son stay away.

Simple maths for me but multiply that by quite a lot of disgruntled season ticket holders and it amounts to quite a few £Thousand not going into the AVFC coffers for next season.

I didn't go so can't comment on the number of seats, but I know arsenal count the season tickets as an attendance no matter what, so if they only get 40k for a darling cup game they say the attendance is 50k cus they count the no shows. Reckon its what the club have done tonight?

i was just about post something exactly the same as this. if you have paid for a seat, ie a season ticket, but you are not physically there, you are still counted in the attendance.

Not a chance there were 30'000 there today and here is why.

The truth behind modern day attendances: How clubs count on missing fans

Ever wondered why the stadium announcer declares a bumper attendance at your team's ground, even though you can see vast swathes of empty seats?

Coca-Cola Championship club Charlton have admitted that they calculate matchday attendances to include the number of season tickets sold - regardless of whether the holders actually turned up or not.

Sun columnist Kelvin MacKenzie reckons that, despite the tannoy announcement and newspaper reports which said Charlton v Barnsley was attended by over 21,000 fans, there were more likely 16-17,000 unlucky punters at the Valley.

The Addicks are not alone in getting their sums 'wrong'.

The practice is employed up and down the country from the Barclays Premier League to the bottom of the football pyramid.

It's a matter for each individual club, the Premier League has told Sportsmail.

Fans of Leeds and in the not-too-distant past, Man City, point to their strong crowds as proof they remain a 'big' club - even if they are in the third tier of English football.

Newcastle's 52,000 fans who fill St James' every other week revel in their status as long-suffering supporters. They might be rubbish, but at least there's a lot of people watching the rubbish.

Full house: Manchester United always attract a bumper crowd

For fans (read anoraks) of countless teams across the country, full houses - or simply large attendances - soothe the pain of being forced to endure the 'football' on display.

Modern day attendances are based on the number of tickets sold as opposed to the number of bums on seats which means the figures released are not a true reflection of the number of people in each ground.

Frustrating for the anoraks, but the easiest way for clubs to calculate attendances. The fact is, unless a few thousand season ticket holders decide not to turn up - which in itself is unlikely - attendance figures released will always be close to actual total.

For example, at Arsenal's Emirates stadium, the attendance figure released to the public reflects the number of tickets sold for each individual game. However, the club also count the number of people who walk through the turnstiles and record the figure for their own private records.

The difference is unlikely to be a large number.

So what now for the anoraks? Short of counting every person in the stadium - which I wouldn't put it past some punters - they're just going to have to rely on the current system and hope those who've bought a ticket actually bother turning up.

Old but relevant

i was just about post something exactly the same as this. if you have paid for a seat, ie a season ticket, but you are not physically there, you are still counted in the attendance.

If this is actually the case, then I would honestly say that there were no more than 25,000 fans there today. I know Stoke are crap to watch but we should be getting far more than that. A clear sign of things to come.

Â