Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

In terms of celebrity, I wouldn't worry about it. Here's what the General has to say about marketing our club:

Over-marketing...certainly NOT a worry now. One of the things our new CEO will be concentrating on is INCREASING our marketing...around the country and, hopefully over time, the world.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone becoming concerned regards the lack of real transfer market activity given that all we have at present is newspaper speculation?

There's been very little action anywhere, not just Villa, involving big names or big money at least. Everyone knows that not much really happens during the Jan window so I'm not concerned as i think i'll happen during the summer. Its not like other clubs are leaving us behind as they deal, that would be worrying.

Realistic question requiring realistic viewpoints regards signings:

We're a third of the way through the window and we have signed one player (and that is a loan), anyone becoming concerned regards the lack of real transfer market activity given that all we have at present is newspaper speculation?

I think there's a couple of ways of looking at it.

Firstly: These ten days have laid the foundations, and can be considered as solid progress towards a few new signings. Every day that passes is a step closer to another player being signed. I think if you feel like this, then you're happy to sit back, relax, believing that the Sky Sports News ticker is going to explode with Villa related activity.

Or,

You may feel that the first ten days are indicative to how the transfer window will pan out. Managers are finding it hard to buy, clubs aren't willing to sell, and there will be very little movement. Unless a club is willing to be held to ransom, big names are thin on the ground. If you're currently thinking like this then you're probably starting to get a little bit concerned.

I think that, at this stage, either opinion is equally as valid.

Either one can only be a guess though, because nobody really knows what is happening.

Realistic question requiring realistic viewpoints regards signings:

We're a third of the way through the window and we have signed one player (and that is a loan), anyone becoming concerned regards the lack of real transfer market activity given that all we have at present is newspaper speculation?

I think there's a couple of ways of looking at it.

Firstly: These ten days have laid the foundations, and can be considered as solid progress towards a few new signings. Every day that passes is a step closer to another player being signed. I think if you feel like this, then you're happy to sit back, relax, believing that the Sky Sports News ticker is going to explode with Villa related activity.

Or,

You may feel that the first ten days are indicative to how the transfer window will pan out. Managers are finding it hard to buy, clubs aren't willing to sell, and there will be very little movement. Unless a club is willing to be held to ransom, big names are thin on the ground. If you're currently thinking like this then you're probably starting to get a little bit concerned.

I think that, at this stage, either opinion is equally as valid.

Either one can only be a guess though, because nobody really knows what is happening.

The truth, as usual, is probably slap bang in the middle of those two view points. It is difficult to buy in Jan and MON will not get everyone he wants but he will wrap up a few before the end of the window. It would be nice to have at least one permanent Petrov-level signing already but I feel that Lerner really does mean business and when it rains it may definitely pour, making my half full cup overflow!...

A loan signing from a reserve side. Whats your point?

His point is it is a signing!..... 10 days into a window and hardly any moves have taken place and the only 'significant' one is Boa Morte.

What exactly did you want or expect to happen?

MON and the General have clearly said that work is going in to make signings but if clubs don't want to sell or don't want to sell at a sensible price is Randy supposed to get the General to send in the Marines and kidnap the player and 'nuke' their Club?

Get real about what is happening...... it takes time and it's all a game of brinksmanship. I would rather MON took his time and got proper players in or would you rather he did a GT mk2 and signed aniother Kinsella or Leonhardon? or do a Gregory and get Balaban mark 2?

We are all impatient but still another 3 weeks to go.

Sure if it makes happy. To me a reserve player, on loan, who has clearly stated his ambition for another club, is not action. Its a short term solution to avoid action.

TRL mind answering any of the above responses to your earlier comment, or not?

If you cannot have a reasonable debate you might as well be on the wind up.

Sorry, i cant type like a secretary. And i do try to manage other things then posting here.

Wether you like any answers i make, i couldnt care less. So please stop requesting me to answer anything. Okey love? Thanks.

EXACTLY - Short term action to give us a squad of players.

Give us ONE reason why you are moaning about what is happening at Villa Park as regards transfers.

What EXACTLY do you KNOW about what is going on in any negotiations with other clubs and players..... well don't bother I will answer for you... YOU DON'T KNOW!

Sure if it makes happy. To me a reserve player, on loan, who has clearly stated his ambition for another club, is not action. Its a short term solution to avoid action.

What a load of bollox, It's a short term solution to a long-term plan being unable to be put into place. MON's got someone lined up who isn't available, so he takes someone who's talented, young and hungry and won't let the side down while he's here.

TRL mind answering any of the above responses to your earlier comment, or not?

If you cannot have a reasonable debate you might as well be on the wind up.

Sorry, i cant type like a secretary. And i do try to manage other things then posting here.

Wether you like any answers i make, i couldnt care less. So please stop requesting me to answer anything. Okey love? Thanks.

If you actually gave an answer it would be worth a mention! :)

There is no point arguing with TRL he obviously doesn't understand whats happening.

The simple fact that the biggest transfer so far has been boa morte to west ham for £5 million shows how stupid and pointless your constant moaning on this subject is.

EXACTLY - Short term action to give us a squad of players.

Give us ONE reason why you are moaning about what is happening at Villa Park as regards transfers.

What EXACTLY do you KNOW about what is going on in any negotiations with other clubs and players..... well don't bother I will answer for you... YOU DON'T KNOW!

I think ive reasoned my opinions in my earlier posts. Wether you like them or not isnt very interesting. We might be in negotiations with other clubs, we might not.

Do you know a lot Denis, except zero action in the transfer market and a young reserve player on loan? Thought not.