OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all clubs want to sell

Mangers want to keep their players

Clubs wants players before selling others.

Excuses.

Sorry mate thats just ridiculous. So you really believe that Randy and MON can

a)Force clubs to sell players

b)Persuade managers to sell their best players

c)Source players for other clubs so that they will sell their better players to Villa.

Cloud.

Cuckoo.

Land.

Exactly, i wouldn't mind seeing an explanation of that. ;)

Excuses.

c)Source players for other clubs so that they will sell their better players to Villa.

Cloud.

Cuckoo.

Land.

I can help you out of your nest mate.

a)Once again its assumed every club wants to keep their players.

b)Would a team benefit from an unhappy player? Would they sell players with contracts coming up?

c)This is answered above.

Your all effin' trying too say - 'waste money on shit like Kevin Doyle' or 'lets wait till the summer'

When MON joined us the first thing everybody was saying was - 'He hasen't got much time too sign now as the transfer windows nearly shut, so lets wait till January'... well Januarys here guys, no going back now. He's even said on the club site he's gonna bring new faces in. But money is money... Lerner won't wanna give o'neil money if he's spending *8m* (someone said) on Kevin Doyle!! What a load of old crap.

And that's no way to run a football club in the long term, imo.

Nobody is talking about the long term. We are in dire need of new players, new faces and some proof that the new age has arrived. Signing Young for £ 8 Mill, while he really is worth £6 Mill isnt a disaster. Then i suggest he looks abroad, and very quickly, else his January market will be over before we know it.

Spending massive amounts of money one window, to spend less window, is also a tactic that may work. To compete with the big boys we will have to spend money, maybe several transfer windows. But if we are afraid of spending £10 Mill on a player along with a massive payroll increase, that day will never come.

Nobody is talking about the long term.

Oh but if we start spending over the odds for players, we leave ourselves in a poor bargaining position for years to come.

We are in dire need of new players, new faces and some proof that the new age has arrived. Signing Young for £ 8 Mill, while he really is worth £6 Mill isnt a disaster.

Nope, probably not. However, then we may say "well, might as well cough up £15mill for Darren Bent as well while we're at it" and the snowball is in motion. Other clubs will think "No point bargaining with Aston Villa and that billionaire Lerner, he'll cough up whatever we want anyway".

We can't run the club like that.

But if we are afraid of spending £10 Mill on a player, that day will never come.

MON and Randy are NOT afraid to spend £10 million on a player, as long as that player is actually worth £10 million and not £5 million. Gettit?

I know what you're saying Gizmo,but say Newcastle offer £9m for SWP,would you be happy for us to offer/pay £11m.

Young £8m-£10m.

Doyle £7m-£9m.

I'd rather wait til the summer to pay for the quality.

There is a very thin line for Villa now...we could end up with a relegation fight if MON and Lerner not get good players in. We already have some players playing more than they should and we have had, and still have, a rather huge injury list if we compare to how many squad players we have. I see this window as crucial for where Villa end up this season...good players in and we can fight for Europe...no players in or only bodies to cover and we might end up a championship team by the end of the season! What players can Villa buy that will take us forward if we have lost the Premier status? NONE!

For Villa it is much more crucial this window than for the most of the teams...does that mean that we need to cough up extra million for a player we want despite his worth less if it were in the summer transfer? YES! Villa need to pay extra and we should just because it can have a enormous effect on where we have our position on the market when the summer comes! If we pay £10 (combined) above "normal" price for 5 players then I think we should do it...as long as we have that money.

It is crucial for Villa to end up high in the league to be able to attract the right players in the summer that can give Villa the extra push forward and bring back glory to Villa Park!

There is a difference between setting a line and running a club, and having a one time revolution. If this is done, we dont need to "cough up whatever they want", we are in a position where they can listen or **** off.

Its right now clubs can push the prices at Villa, as they know we need players and quality more then anything. They know we are building a team. If this shows to be a problem, and we arent ready to make action, id say we have been lied to from day 1 regarding the ambition of this board. If this goes down to MON and his inability to find better players then Bardsley, fair enough. Lets wait and see what happens first.

To me this sounds like more excuses, but each to their own. I hope we will see some action soon.

Remember Watford play us in 10 days........ they are stringing it out I believe until after then

Surely, if that's what it's down to, we can make a gentlemen's agreement not to play Young in that game.

It would give Watford 10 more days to get replacements in, and it would allow us to spend more time pursuing other targets.

If this is done, we dont need to "cough up whatever they want", we are in a position where they can listen or **** off.

You mean, like Chelsea?

Lets wait and see what happens first.

That's all I wanted to hear, really. Ta.

Everyone knows we have money, everybody knows we need players.

But we are by no means the richest club in the Premier, and there are others whose needs are more desperate.

Best keep a bit of a low profile, pick up what we can and then blaze in around the 29th-31st. Or in the close season.

Excuses.

Cloud.

Cuckoo.

Land.

I can help you out of your nest mate.

a)Once again its assumed every club wants to keep their players.

b)Would a team benefit from an unhappy player? Would they sell players with contracts coming up?

c)This is answered above.

You'd probably be correct if you were talking about just bringing in plaers to fill up the squad but MON and alot of villa fans want quality bringing in.

a) It's assumed that every club wants to keep their best players because 99% of the time clubs want to keep their best players

B) so we can only go after unhappy players or players coming out of contract, well it seems the likes of bent, young, swp and defoe are all happy so how do you suggest MON makes them unhappy, after all players being happy at their club is just an excuse.

MON hasn't given excuses he's given reasons that are completly out of his hands as to why he might not get the players he wants.

If he has identified players and randy has said he'll back him to get those players what more do you want them to do?

Talksport have suggested that Villa have offered 7.9m for Young and that it has been rejected!!! Illustrates perfectly how tough it is getting quality players in January.

Who said this on talksport?

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Its 11th of January!

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN **** PATIENCE!

Or would rather we signed Jon Stead? Or David Unsworth? Or how about Nigel Quashie? These are the sort of players that are going at the moment. Take a look at last years transfer window:

JANUARY 2006-ACCORDING TO THE BBC

By the 11th of January the only significant signings were Vidic, Benjani, Evra and Niemi, of which Vidic and Evra were (at the time) brought in as back up. The significant signings (Walcott, Ashton and Samaras) didn't happen until 20th, 23rd and 30th respectively. The vast majority of signings actually happened from about 12/13th onwards, a week or so for clubs to do their talking.