Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWP was better at City compared to YOUNG at Watford

True but Young wont cost us £18m, it's his first season in the Prem and because of King's injury he's being played out of position. Still you are technically correct with what you say.

You are very correct on the price...

But the question is;

now they are at the same price I guess, differing 2M perhaps.... but anyway:

How much has SWP lost from his ability? And will Young be as good?

I would take SWP over Young, but for one it's a move up and for one a move down and I'm more confident we'd get Young.

And by saying, we aint selling.....does 2 things.

1. makes other teams think...hmmm why do they want to keep him so badly....?

2. adds about 5m to the price.

They will sell at 7mil or 8mil i reckon, when they go down in the summer he will go for about 5mil so makes sense to take the money now.

Exactly, thats kinda what I'm trying to say....

Remember Blues.... we won't be selling any of our players..... Then the Slug goes for £6m? (i think).

Its a common tactic to boost the price up.

I would take SWP over Young, but for one it's a move up and for one a move down and I'm more confident we'd get Young.

But if its competition with Spurs would we be the more favourable option?

But if its competition with Spurs would we be the more favourable option?

depends on his 'attitude' to football.

If he wants to move to a big club and sit on the bench ala SWP, Spurs would be his choice.

If he wants to move to a slightly less big club with more potential of becoming a huge club and being a very big part of that transition, it has to be Villa.

If SWP was presented with a choice of Villa or Spurs with the general packages being similar he would choose Spurs. The fact that he went to Chelsea over other teams in for him at the time, like Arsenal, gives me some indication of his priorities i.e. money. I won't criticise him for that as it is his choice and I would certainly be happy to sign him as he is a very good player.

The main thing I would hate us to do however, is focus on say SWP only for him to go to Spurs whilst in the mean time, another club has swooped for Young.

Players like Young will always look to the future as well, and will see that ours is rosy, but if that future can be realiased quicker elsewhere then they'd take it I think. If bids are accepted for Ashley I think we're still lowdown in the pecking order sadly

interesting odds from sky though.

What about Distin he is stalling over a contract, maybe we should put in a cheeky bid and see if we can aquire his services?

we could play him up front

I think we should convert The Ridge back into a centre forward.....

Ahh... is that my coat...

Get me Davies, Barton, Young and Bent.

Davies - the forward with only 73 goals from 400 games- no thanks

Or Davies the West Brom defender, Al. That's what I hoped he meant anyway.

SWP has very nice house in West Horsley, Surrey and took long time to choose it/settle and his missus loves Guildford for shopping, so think he'll be staying in London and if the rumours are to be believed will be joining West Ham.

Skybet's suspended betting on SWP going to the spammers.

Does someone know something we don't? Is it a load of rubbish?

Check out Skybets latest transfer odds.

Interesting reading

If we got some of those we were linked with I would be delighted.

**** me we are favourites for ashley young ,shauwn wright phillips and joey barton , if we got them three i think id ejaculate.

Not for SWP though. If it says West Spam (suspended), does it means the bookies knew almost certain SWP will sign for WHAM? Sorry I am not a betting person myself, so may be very wrong on this.