Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Pearce just on SSN going on about how he isnt going to sell any players, yeah right!!

Up goes the prices.....

Lol, yeah, except Barton!!

Not really, if 2 clubs bid 5.5, one may up there bid...could end up more around 8m...

If he has a release clause of 5.5mil Man City have to accept bids of 5.5mil so anyone who bids more is foolish as those who bid the 5.5mil will have rights to discuss personal terms with him.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why would they up the bid if he has a 5.5m release clause? If two clubs are in for him they will both activate the clause and it would be up to Barton. Bidding any more than the clause would be pointless!

this happened when we signed Dion Dublin... Think Blackburn??? bid well above his release clause and we just matched it... we all know where he ended up! (which really pissed cov off)

Barton has said he doesn't want to leave Man City. SO any number of clubs could activate the release clause, he can still say no to them all.

Why the feck would SWP want to go to West Am, they could blumin go down!?

Pearce just on SSN going on about how he isnt going to sell any players, yeah right!!

Up goes the prices.....

Lol, yeah, except Barton!!

Not really, if 2 clubs bid 5.5, one may up there bid...could end up more around 8m...

Nope not as it's minimum fee release. Both would have to accepted and up to the player to choose.

Is that so?

Id have thought if us and say spuds offered 5.5, but Manure offered 7.... they could accept it?

Yeah they can but they are forced to accept all bids of 5.5mil+ so anyone bidding this can speak to him so no need to bid higher so nobody will do this.

And give them Baros too.

I like selling them all our sh*t strikers, especially the ones that slag the club off afterwards.

That never happened. I remember this coming up not so long ago and it was shown that he never slagged us off - he merely said that if he was ever to leave Villa he would prefer it to be to a big club. Some took that to mean him saying Villa were not big which wasn't true.

I would take SWP over Young, but for one it's a move up and for one a move down and I'm more confident we'd get Young.

But if its competition with Spurs would we be the more favourable option?

Sure, look at the squad Spurs have, he will be on the bench.

I would take SWP over Young, but for one it's a move up and for one a move down and I'm more confident we'd get Young.

Huh ?? No he wouldn't. Spurs use Hossam Ghaly on the right. You think SWP would be behind him ? Spurs have a great squad but not great wingers. SWP would slot straight in.

Huh ?? No he wouldn't. Spurs use Hossam Ghaly on the right. You think SWP would be behind him ? Spurs have a great squad but not great wingers. SWP would slot straight in.

Erhhhh ..... Lenon?????

Erhhhh ..... Lenon?????

Lennon can play (and has played) either flank but I'll admit I forgot about him :P