Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need 11 new players, maybe more. Nearly all need to be better than what we have already. Some of the kids should be learning their trade somewhere else next season. In January we need a premiership quality LWer, RWer and CB - and a few other stop gap cover players to get us back on track. The real building can start in the summer.

I think in midfield we need 2 right winger, 1 left winger, 1 midfield general and playmaker

upfront we need a powerful, quick and skillful striker who is good on the ground, and air and deadly upfront. Someone in like a young Les Ferniard mould.

And a right back. a defensive one don't suit us. we need an attacking right back who can defend. Somone like Michel Saldago of Real Madrid would be ideal.

For us we need a right winger and attacking right back most of all.

we need someone who can be a consistent goal scoring threat.

Someone who will get us 15+ league goals a season

Someone who turns draws against west ham, spurs, watford and fulham into wins.

With Angel and Baros in the team we will never be a consistent top 6 side.

I think in the game at the moment you need players to be all action rather than the Merson type that doesn't track back much when playing 4-4-2. Especially with most teams being happy to draw when away and playing 1 up front.

would offer bad value for money at the moment.

F*ck value, you are not the one to judge value when he hasn't even played one game for us.

What if he goes on to score 15 goals every season? What is 5M in 2006? What is 5M

for a "big club"? Nothing!

if we spent 15 million on bent i have to admit i would be abit concerned

10 million is what hes worth IMO

i hope a right midfielder who can cross is a our prioriy though, so atleast our strikers have a chance of scoring more goals.

we have two strikers who's speciality is heading, and only 1 player who puts quality crosses in.

We need 11 new players, maybe more. Nearly all need to be better than what we have already. Some of the kids should be learning their trade somewhere else next season. In January we need a premiership quality LWer, RWer and CB - and a few other stop gap cover players to get us back on track. The real building can start in the summer.

I'd agree with most of that, except that I'd say we need four players in January - two fullbacks, a powerful central midfielder and a right winger.

would offer bad value for money at the moment.

F*ck value, you are not the one to judge value when he hasn't even played one game for us.

What if he goes on to score 15 goals every season? What is 5M in 2006? What is 5M

for a "big club"? Nothing!

£5 for their best striker? You are having a laugh! That would guarantee relegation and missing out on the TV deal wind fall next season. Seeing that economics is the study of choice and I'm an economist I think it's something I know a little bit about to be honest. We would be better offer paying £7m for Defoe than £12m for Bent which is the fee that I would expect you would need to pay.

With the £5m you had left you could get Bale or Young, that should help result in more points accrued by the end of the season.

Next few seasons? Surely that is a bit long term. With regards Gabby he has been our best player this season and that is why he has played every minute, the guy is worth more than £10m now.

sorry mate...10m is dreamland!!

1.5 to 2m max!

if we spent 15 million on bent i have to admit i would be abit concerned

10 million is what hes worth IMO

Sometimes you have to pay a little over the odds to get you're man - especially mid-season.

Thats not cause for concern, it's cause for jubilation because we'd have got the player we want.