Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Yep - bringing in loans - can only mean - we can't afford to buy ...............a bit like a loan to buy a car ... .....if you have the cash you use it - you don't have a loan

I'd like Villa to load the 1954 Hungarian team

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen Liverpool-Arsenal I'm even more convinced that Crouch isn't the right man for us. Glad we got rid of him.

Now, Huntelaar is another matter.

Would anyone consider Lauren as rb? Is he injured or can't he just take a place in the Arsenal-team?

Having seen Liverpool-Arsenal I'm even more convinced that Crouch isn't the right man for us. Glad we got rid of him.

Now, Huntelaar is another matter.

Would anyone consider Lauren as rb? Is he injured or can't he just take a place in the Arsenal-team?

Still injured i think.

Transfers can go by without the media knowing it, but what is happening now is Villaesque, it's what always happens.

Some people, perhaps me included, have the right to react that's all.

I am probably sounding very negative right now, but I'm not. Time is left for us to buy 40 new players and sell the rotten

lot we got :)

Just kidding though, we have many good players, and many would be even better if people like Bent and Barton came in.

Let's talk in 24 days, and let's f*ck Watford over sideways!

just a thought.

would it not make sense to buy in as many of the ones MoN wants now, rather than wait until summer time when all the teams will start spending the money before they get it from the new premiership deal?

i would rather we paid 10 million for bent, 10 million for swp and so on, now, rather than have 8 teams fighting it out for each player and the prices going even more inflated.

we are in a position now where we should be able to grab the players we want and need now, then in the summer the new spopnsorship deal can come in and recoup the spending.

we would also get alot more money on sponsorship having a couple superstars or at least top quality players in the team.

i remember the crazy days of anyone in a premier team costing £3 million at the very least, no matter how rubbish they were. at least if we got players in now, we would be saved the even more inflated prices come the summer time.

also gives us time to have a proper preseason build up on the pitch and off it.

BB, the sponsorship is being sorted out now, irrespective of players

Aalso your point ignores the fact that some clubs won't sell until the summer, it is always the best time, especially in May/June b4 preseason

i know clubs are not keen to sell now, hence paying the inflated price for the services.

im sure the prices will be even more come summer time when there is a dutch auction for players, especially when there will be most of the premiership with money burning a hole in their pockets. at the moment, there are not many teams who are in a postion to buy, in the range we are looking to buy.

arse, chelsea, man ure and liverpoo aside, and they would at this stage have different targets i guess. this leaves spurz, west ham and maybe everton with cash although everton are in a lot of debt.

it just feels that for once, we have the advantage and by wafting money under the noses of the targets we want, may do the trick.

come summer time, we will be on an even keel with the majority of the teams and any advantage ( unless we qualify for europe) is gone.

Yep - bringing in loans - can only mean - we can't afford to buy ...............a bit like a loan to buy a car ... .....if you have the cash you use it - you don't have a loan

A really bad analogy.

A car is a seriously depreciating asset. In almost every case it's better to borrow money to buy a car than it is to pay cash.

I think get Young in for £7mill,

F*ck me, I'd rather have bardsley on loan and spend the £7 million wisely in the Summer, he's no where near worth tha met, no offense. If I was paying £7 mill for a right back i'd want someone world class. Some one tell me the last right back that went for that sort of money!? I bet he was a bit better that Luke Young of Charlton!

I think get Young in for £7mill,

F*ck me, I'd rather have bardsley on loan and spend the £7 million wisely in the Summer, he's no where near worth tha met, no offense. If I was paying £7 mill for a right back i'd want someone world class. Some one tell me the last right back that went for that sort of money!? I bet he was a bit better that Luke Young of Charlton!

I think he ment Ashley Young, the midfielder at Watford.

I'm not being negative but i doubt we will make any big-money signings in january because all the clubs seem to lose their commom sence. Short-term fixes that will keep us in the prem may be more sensible than splashing £7m out on Young who could yet prove to be a disaster