Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I also think MON is looking for a target-man such as James Beattie. Alan Smith has been mentioned, I don't think he would do a better job than Angel does right now.

Not sure though, his injuries is ruining his reputation, along with Michael Owen etc etc.

My shout is still Darren Bent though, some club needs to drag him out of the hell-hole that is the Valley.

to be fair though - alan smith did have riise smack a ball into his leg. i wouldn't call this 'injury prone', just hard luck!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see we are constantly linked with David Nugent, I have never seen him play. Help me out here.

What are his strengths, how is he as a striker, is he tall, strong or fast? Give me everything about this guy!

Not particually tall I dont think, but pretty quick and has a good eye for goal, not afraid to have A pop....

Wouldnt call him a target man though, just a more likely to be avialabe Robbie Keane.....

I think that Nugent could be the player MO'N was indirectly referring to when saying that he isn't prepared to pay over the odds for promising Championship players where the team will only sell for silly money. Add to that PNE need him to keep up their challenge and I cannot see them selling him in Jan.

There have been rumours in certain quarters that a deal for Nugent has all but been signed.

Aaa them deals.

The deals that change when all other of Prestons strikers for example get injured and the deal is off, one of them type of deals ;)

if we do get davies, what does that mean for either cahill or ridgewell?

im suprised we haven't been linked with more right sided players considering it seems as though milner staying at the toon, and SWP looks to be staying as well

personally, cant see the point of davies when weve got the four centrehalves weve got..........................

we need firepower cos our wideplayers and forwards are an absolute bag of shit !

im suprised we haven't been linked with more right sided players considering it seems as though milner staying at the toon, and SWP looks to be staying as well

OK then Sam start a rumour..... all we have is bollocks written in newspapers and nothing else.

I get really annoyed when people start slagging off the club or manager for not showing an interest in player X or saying we shouldn't be considering player Y and why are we not doing this that and t'other.

NO ONE outside of VP KNOWS what is going on. Alright put in rumours and speculation as this is what this thread is for. but not for some of the crap

I get really annoyed when people start slagging off the club or manager for not showing an interest in player X or saying we shouldn't be considering player Y and why are we not doing this that and t'other.

Denis, what on earth are you on about?

Sam was just saying that it's strange that all of these imaginary links are for strikers and defenders, rather than for the one position on the pitch where we don't have a single recognised player, and we're resorting to playing either a striker or a central midfielder there.

And he's right, it does seem odd that the rumours that are coming out aren't mentioning the one position where we're crying out for a first-choice player.

i rate baardsley and davies so id be delighted with them two. i wanna see a good striker and i wouldne be bothered if we missed out on nugent. id rather ahve bent. hes gonna leave charlton regardless so i say we make him our number one target

Bardsley is the guy who can't even get into Mna U's squad?

Remind me who their second choice RB is after Gary Neville?

Wes Brown?

I'm sure how anyone can rate or not rate Bardsley, considering he's a young player who has played barely a dozen first team games either for Man Utd or a couple of clubs on loan. He might be fantastic and just needs developing, or he might not be up to it at all.

I can't see how anyone can really judge one way or the other on him yet.