Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on Soccernet and figured I'd post it.

ASTON VILLA

Wanted: With Randy Lerner's cheque-book at the ready, Martin O'Neill will be champing at the bit for the window to open in January. Winger Lee Cook (QPR) has already attracted the manager's interest and he has made it clear that long-term signings will be the priority.

Needed: A striker like Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen) or Robbie Keane (Tottenham) would give an added goal threat, alongside former loanee James Milner (Newcastle). With a propensity for signing Celtic players however, O'Neill could make midfielder Stephen Pearson or defender Bobo Balde the next players to move south.

West Ham already have tonnes of strikers. If bent does move to the Hammers perhaps others will leave (Ashton?).

Who would people prefer, Bent or Ashton?

Ashton. I think he is a great player. Lacking a bit of pace, but sort of Shearer-esque, big strong and with a surprisingly good touch

This thread is turning into people reading comics.

Crazy thoughts on players.

How do you mean?

The way I see it is that no one is quite sure who/what/how players will come to Villa Park in January.

My personal opinion is that we will get a few solid players in, but no one who will set the world alight - it is becoming another part of the football lexicon, managers moaning about the lack of quality available in January.

However, all that won't stop me dreaming about who/what/how players will come - after all, you've got to have a dream, no?

How do you mean?

The way I see it is that no one is quite sure who/what/how players will come to Villa Park in January.

My personal opinion is that we will get a few solid players in, but no one who will set the world alight - it is becoming another part of the football lexicon, managers moaning about the lack of quality available in January.

However, all that won't stop me dreaming about who/what/how players will come - after all, you've got to have a dream, no?

Agree with you, we all dream.

Some seem to think its gonna happen in Jan though :?

West Ham already have tonnes of strikers. If bent does move to the Hammers perhaps others will leave (Ashton?).

That's a tough question and I'd take either but if one or the other, Ashton gets my vote. Probably a few million cheaper too.

Had this debate with some mates early on today.

Either would be great,am a fan of Ashton tho,think he could definatly do well at Villa.

Isn't he out for the season tho??