Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Roughly translated, Nugent meant.

"In all honesty I'd much rather be playing for a big club in the Premiership. But I'd better say nice things about my current club in case the big club don't manage to agree a deal in January... Coz I'm clever like that... and my agent told me to."

James Milner said much the same thing the other week.

Are you suggesting Milner is NOT currently playing for a big club in the Premiership ;) Ooh I am a devil :P

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roughly translated, Nugent meant.

"In all honesty I'd much rather be playing for a big club in the Premiership. But I'd better say nice things about my current club in case the big club don't manage to agree a deal in January... Coz I'm clever like that... and my agent told me to."

James Milner said much the same thing the other week.

Are you suggesting Milner is NOT currently playing for a big club in the Premiership ;) Ooh I am a devil :P

I chose my words very carefully ;)

For those talking about Beckham...I can see one big problem to that signing....

Could you really see Mrs Posh wanting to move to Birmingham?

I think your more likely to see them move to the states soon, with their good friends the cruise's!

how much money do we really have to spend this January? Weve been linked with championship players..... its as if MON is under Ellis. Is he not planning on bringing in big players to improve the side.. and bring in the crowds... or is it being kept a really big secret of who we really are interested in.. or is the money MON has to spend less than 10 mil...?

RL is an astute businessman, MON an astute manager. Do not expext huge signings next month, just a couple of solid professionals who will solidify Villas' league position. Uefa Cup quaification would be a big success.

The real Villa revolution will take place over the course of the next 3 years, sl,owly building a team that can play in the Bernabeu, Olympic stadium, etc.

enjoy the Villa getting better, but let it happen in due course. We are still a ways off

RL is an astute businessman, MON an astute manager. Do not expext huge signings next month, just a couple of solid professionals who will solidify Villas' league position. Uefa Cup quaification would be a big success.

The real Villa revolution will take place over the course of the next 3 years, sl,owly building a team that can play in the Bernabeu, Olympic stadium, etc.

enjoy the Villa getting better, but let it happen in due course. We are still a ways off

I don't know what you mean with solid professionals, but I'm very sure that we'll get at least one new player that will improve the team a lot. It's no idea to get squad players anymore if we wants to go forward and I think MON and Lerner knows that.

Pierce was at the SU game today. Do you think he's after Jagielka? Possibly to replace Micah Richards if he's already agreed a big money move? Or maybe he's got his eye on a Villa player. Any suggestions?

Maybe its because Man Citeh play Sheffield on boxing day.........:roll:

Linked to Darren Bent today. I think everyone's in agreement that Bent would be awesome for us. Newscastle and Portsmouth also linked, but I don't think the former will compete without selling first.

Also linked with some keeper from Wolves. Anyone know anything about him?

Well MON said it himself.. he only wants to sign players who improve the squad.. with quality players

sl,owly building a team that can play in the Bernabeu, Olympic stadium, etc.

Building a team that can play away at West Ham in 2013? I think we should be aiming a little higher than that! :winkold: