Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me or not, i care not, but i was speaking to somebody "well connected" with Leicester City today and i took it upon myself to ask about our supposed interest in their young lad Richard Stearman. Apparently there isn't any, but MON DID ask about another of their young stars, Aussie James Wesolowski (central midfield), after we beat them in the Carling Cup. MON was very impressed with what he saw.

Watch this space.

Eastwood just scored for Southend against Man Utd. A great freekick outside the penalty area. Never seen him play before. Looks like a good player, although its early to judge after just 30 mins.

Looking at his numbers the last few years, he had 21 goals in league 2, 23 in league 1 and now 10 goals this year between the championship and the league cup. He just turned 23.

Believe me or not, i care not, but i was speaking to somebody "well connected" with Leicester City today and i took it upon myself to ask about our supposed interest in their young lad Richard Stearman. Apparently there isn't any, but MON DID ask about another of their young stars, Aussie James Wesolowski (central midfield), after we beat them in the Carling Cup. MON was very impressed with what he saw.

Watch this space.

Defensive mid isn't he? Heard good things about him, only 19 and been in and around the Aussie squad. Though hasn't he broke his leg twice already?

Not mention David Platt.

To think nothing of Gareth Barry.

Or Michael Boulding for that matter... Oh.. So wait a minute, does this mean that every player in the championship ain't like neither Platt/barry nor Boulding? Which means that you can't expect every player from that league beuing perfect which means that soem can have doubts about such players?

just a small point on eastwood, i don't know much about him, but if he was released from west ham they musn't have thought he will make it, where as the ashton, bent and dawson's of this world came through there clubs youth academies and was then star players for there teams.

just a small point on eastwood, i don't know much about him, but if he was released from west ham they musn't have thought he will make it, where as the ashton, bent and dawson's of this world came through there clubs youth academies and was then star players for there teams.

Platt was released by Man Utd, we kind of released Brian McClair, West Ham kind of released Ridgewell, we released Boaz Myhill.

heres a name for the hat, id like to see Franck Ribery at Villa, we need another playmaker, and he can play anywere across the midfield, predominantly rightwing, I reckon £10m would get him........ he looked good in the world cup...........

not too sure about his attitude tho' cos I think hes had 5 clubs and hes only about 23...............

in the window, id like to see a rightback, a box-to-box midfielder to complement mccann & petrov, a rightwinger, and another forward whod adapt to the 4-5-1 formation............................ selling Baros and Delaney

id go for, these - not sure how realistic but give me your thoughts anyway:

RightBack: Lauren

Midfielder: Scott Parker

RightWinger: Franck Ribery

Forward: Robbie Keane

the team would be:

GK: Sorensen

DR: Laursen

DC: Mellberg

DC: Ridgewell/Laursen

DL: Gareth Barry

MC: McCann

MC: Parker

MC: Petrov

RM: Ribery

LM: Keane

CF: Angel

Subs: Agbonlahor, Taylor, Sutton, Davis, Bouma

But Arsenal are really interested in Ribery, and he'll want champs league, so its an unlikely target for January

I think we need to focus on a striker, right winger, defensive midfielder and right back. Bent & Milner would both be great, but not sure about the other two positions.

the team would be:

GK: Sorensen

DR: Laursen

DC: Mellberg

DC: Ridgewell/Laursen

DL: Gareth Barry

MC: McCann

MC: Parker

MC: Petrov

RM: Ribery

LM: Keane

CF: Angel

Subs: Agbonlahor, Taylor, Sutton, Davis, Bouma

Well, that would be a hell of a team!

Unrealistic but a hell of a team...

Newcastle won't sell Parker...made him Club captain this season and he's really good so they'll need him. I also think that Spurs are more likely to sell Defoe than Keane. Would rather have him as well, though he'll cost silly money