Just bought a PS3 - £165

dont_do_it_doug.

Sounds like you've got yourself a bit of a bargain there!

I wouldn't bother with inFamous if I were you, btu I suppose it's personal preference. I thought it was pretty average.

bargain, agree with uncharted and the comment about infamous id add resistence and MAG to the list of exclusives not worth bothering with too,

but try god of war, killzone, yakuza, twisted metal, id also give little big planet and the rachet and clank games a go even if you think they wont be your type of thing

Get Demon's Souls. It's a PS3 exclusive but it was so popular that they made the next game (Dark Souls) on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Both are great games.

Aside from that, as jacketspuds says, get the Uncharted trilogy (although the first one has a few too many QTE's for my liking). Other ones you might want to consider are MGS 4 and the MGS HD collection, the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection and Gran Turismo 5.

I quite like Infamous, I'd recommend it. It must be pretty cheap by now since it's a few years old and has a sequel out.

God of War 3 is worth having just to gawp at. It's also pretty cheap these days. Pretty third person actioner with a fair amount of gore and good combat.

Uncharted series is quite well held but the first is fairly old now and quite weak on the whole, probably worth just jumping into the second, fairly cheap too now and usually regarded as the best in the series. Personally, I don't get why people think they're fantastic, but hey.

If you liked the Metal Gear series on the PS1/2, 4 is a must. But it's definitely an acquired taste and it would be perhaps the worst game to start a series with in the history of videogame franchises, because it barely makes sense when you know whats happening, if it was your first game you'd not have a dicky bird.

Killzone 2 and 3 are pretty, both are decent enough shooters but nothing thats going to blow your mind.

Same can be said of Resistance series really.

Infamous and Infamous 2 are cool enough, imagine a reasonably small scope open world with super power-y stuff. Again, cheap now.

Heavy Rain is a unique experience, 'experience' being the best word for it I think, it's not like any other game, more like an interactive movie. Can be used with Move as well, if proto-Wii flailing about floats your boat.

Other than that PS3 exclusives run a little dry for me.

Cheers fellas. Found it tough to find anything mentioned in the used game section, did pick up MGS4 which had totally slipped my mind as well as Red Dead Redemption which I've wanted to play for yonks. Think GOW3 sounds up my street as well as Dark Souls.

Not actually played anything yet, resisting till my new monitor comes on Wednesday.

I'm assured te God of War games are good but I don't really like hack 'n slash games in general and I absolutely detest QTE's which seem to be pretty frequent in these games.

Different strokes and all that.

I'm assured te God of War games are good but I don't really like hack 'n slash games in general and I absolutely detest QTE's which seem to be pretty frequent in these games.

Different strokes and all that.

The QTE's aren't ridiculously intrusive though, they are implemented very well into the flow of the game imo. They are pretty short-lived too, which is always a bonus.

I'm not a big fan of the hack 'n' slash genre either, but I absolutely adored GoW III.

Â