Just bought a PS3 - £165

dont_do_it_doug.

Get the HD GOW 1 & 2 first as the God of War series is one massive trilogy that works so well together. Plus when you do finally get to GOW 3 it makes is just that little bit more amazing.

This is exactly what i did. When i first bought my PS3 i was aware GOW3 was coming out in about a month and the HD collection had just been released. Id never played a GOW game before so i got the collection and blasted through that. Then i got GOW 3 and i was just like whoa this is amazing.

All 3 of them are class games.

New monitor came a day early. First impressions of Red Dead are it's GTA on horseback, only it looks and feel so much better than any other GTA game come to pass which bodes well for GTA5. I think it will take me a while to get used to, only given it 2 hours so far and most of that was spent running around killing Deer! Looking forward to tackling the story.

Then I stuck Metal Gear 4 in for a quick blast before bed. Managed to resist playing past the beginning section because I'm knackered but oh my, it looks astonishing. Deffo my first port of call.

Initial impressions of the PS3 are it's a better machine than the Xbox. Everything just feels a little meatier. Chuffed.

Downloaded Little Big Planet demo too.

MGS4 the best game you've ever played? Each to their own I guess. It was enjoyable, but better than Mass Effect 2? Ocarina of Time? Ico? Shadow of the Colossus? The Arkham games? Nah not for me.

Daft question, but have you played any of the old MGS games? MGS4 becomes very self referential in the later acts.

1 and 2 up to the fight with solidus. Some of 3 but not all so a fair amount of the patriots "birth" stuff was lost right at the end.

*SPOILERS*

Finished it last night. That last fight with Liquid is absolutely epic, not necessarily from a game mechanic point of view although it was fun, cinematically it blew me away. A fitting end to the series - you, ocelot and a whole world of hurt (and mutual respect). The bit where they stab each other with the syringe was a proper fist pump and a "woop" moment for me.

As already suggested, the god of war hd collection and gow3 are musts. The uncharted's are a bit 'hollywood' but still good fun and the ico/sotc collection is a great remaster. If you like platformers, the Rachet & Clank games are all good.

Also if you like Journey ( :P) it might be worth trying flow and flower by the same company, flower in particular is mesmerising and both are relaxing.

Oh and definitely stick with red dead, simply an amazing game.

MGS4 the best game you've ever played? Each to their own I guess. It was enjoyable, but better than Mass Effect 2? Ocarina of Time? Ico? Shadow of the Colossus? The Arkham games? Nah not for me.

I played games as a kid. I had a NES. A decent amount as a teen on the PS1 mostly multiplayer shit with my mates (Twisted Metal FTW) and then a little on the PS2 (GTA, Devil May Cry etc) But this gen has passed me by. Had a 360 long enough to get through Halo 3 and GTA 4 but that was it.

I should have said this is the best game I've ever played SO FAR as I've not played any of the above. Arkham Asylum is sitting on my shelf and Mass Effect 2 is on my mental list for sure. Can't stand Zelda games, **** hate that world. Sorry, I guess I'm not a big RPG guy?

OK, so MGS4 my favourite game since Resident Evil 2 and I c an't wait for the next one. Raiden (speculating) is a badass....

Â