Stan Petrov

LondonLax

I'm fully behind 19th minute applause. It's the very least we can give back to a player who sweated every drop for the club, usually in the first 15 minutes. :)

Seriously though I am a huge fan of the man and liked his ability as a player. So a 19th minute applause at home games from now on would both be inspiring to him, to the players, and to us, it would improve the atmosphere and hopefully rouse the boys.

Let's show we're not just deluded fickle moaners, we're deluded fickle moaners who look after our own.

Get well Stan.

He does, during his celebration, its difficult to hear but he definitely says his name then pumps his heart.

I didnt notice it but fair play to him if he did. I was surprised he never mentioned anything in his post match interview, but then again hes not inclined to.

I was really pissed off last night when i thought he hadnt done anything to show his support.

I was too but then I just caught it at the end, kept playing it back and my mate I watched it with thinks he said something too.

Just searched 'ashley petrov' on twitter and it seems he said "thats for Petrov"

Aww :-( As much as we love him, he's an absolute superstar over there by all accounts.

They televised his wedding!!!

He is, as you say, an absolute superstar over there. I hope he makes it through this.

It's not over. Bulgarian press said he had quit football, then Petrov (via AVFC) said that's utter cobblers (or the Bulgarian equivalent).

Has it definitely been confirmed yet or not that his football career is over?

Regardless, we should be planning for life without Petrov in our team (not meaning to sound mawkish) But even with a full recovery he may not want to play again.

Regardless, we should be planning for life with Petrov in our team (not meaning to sound mawkish) But even with a full recovery he may not want to play again.

You mean without?

Regardless, we should be planning for life with Petrov in our team (not meaning to sound mawkish) But even with a full recovery he may not want to play again.

You mean without?

*Edit

Â