Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Was always going to be shite today with that line-up.

Heskey - I mean WTF I thought we had seen the back of him?

Alrighton and Gabby - Mcleish is afraid to drop these because they're local lads, they've been rubbish for a while now.

Add to the mix Phil Dowd and you'll see why Arsenal were the bankers of the weekend.

Walcott has bossed us, this says it all.

The 2nd half I'll just enjoy watching Arsenal play and hope RVP scores for my FF team.

What I dont get is no one really expected us to win but had he put Gardner in midfield and Weimann up top from the start and not sacked Nzogbia* off then maybe we'd be going fair play, trying something different lets have a go but this is even worse than I expected.

*disclaimer on the 0.1% chance he is injured.

11 corners against and 0 shots on goal for us. Ouch!

I am not watching the game, would ruin my weekend completely.

The great fan would watch in thick and thin, but as long as McLeish is in charge my club is not the true club at all.

It will always just be something else, but as soon as he is gone things will be better.

What did anyone expect against the form team?

On any given day Arsenal will give a game to any club on the planet, but to accept that we're going to lose before the kick off and not bother trying is unforgivable.

It's been a stroll for the Gunners in the first half. We've not pressed their players when they've been in possession, and we've not attempted to attack when we're in possession, barring a couple of break-aways from Albrighton.

It's been so easy for Arsenal it's genuinely embarrassing. The pundits on PLTV have even said they believed our gameplan was not to concede. Now that's gone out of the window there is no plan B.

Arsenal are 2-0 up without getting out of first gear. With McLeish's fabled half-time teamtalk, I really fear for the second half.

Part of me is now hoping for a tonking just to put the pressure back on him to get him sacked. Is that wrong?

Albrighton possibly the worst player in the league?

He'd be one of the worst players in the Championship based on this performance. I don't get how a player that trains with the first team at one of the greatest training facilities in Europe hasn't improved at all.. He's shit and the way he's looking he'll be so hard to sell as no one will want him, he's the Heskey of wingers.

It's McLeish's tactics! Everytime Albrighton gets the ball he is in a much deeper position because McLeish wants his wings to play more defense than offense. Then even if Marc gets the ball in an advanced spot, he has no options whatsoever. Petrov and Herd are playing as centerbacks and Ireland looks like he doesn't give a ****. Marc's only option is to either take on 2-3 players or send in a silly cross to the pile of shit in the box.

Part of me is now hoping for a tonking just to put the pressure back on him to get him sacked. Is that wrong?

No, it's not wrong. I am also hoping we get stuffed so that it becomes harder for McLeish to justify his existence.

What did anyone expect against the form team?

On any given day Arsenal will give a game to any club on the planet, but to accept that we're going to lose before the kick off and not bother trying is unforgivable.

It's been a stroll for the Gunners in the first half. We've not pressed their players when they've been in possession, and we've not attempted to attack when we're in possession, barring a couple of break-aways from Albrighton.

It's been so easy for Arsenal it's genuinely embarrassing. The pundits on PLTV have even said they believed our gameplan was not to concede. Now that's gone out of the window there is no plan B.

Arsenal are 2-0 up without getting out of first gear. With McLeish's fabled half-time teamtalk, I really fear for the second half.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. We are our own worst enemy. We've gotten into good positions going forward but give the ball away and conceding in the same manner. We have a lot of very average players in the squad who have no ball retention or real passing ability - decision making at times is laughably bad.

Just get Gardner and Andy on.

People wishing that we lose need to **** off. You are not supporters if you are wishing we would lose just so a manager will get the sack.

Who the **** said McLeish was anywhere near getting the sack?

Albrighton possibly the worst player in the league?

He'd be one of the worst players in the Championship based on this performance. I don't get how a player that trains with the first team at one of the greatest training facilities in Europe hasn't improved at all.. He's shit and the way he's looking he'll be so hard to sell as no one will want him, he's the Heskey of wingers.

It's McLeish's tactics! Everytime Albrighton gets the ball he is in a much deeper position because McLeish wants his wings to play more defense than offense. Then even if Marc gets the ball in an advanced spot, he has no options whatsoever. Petrov and Herd are playing as centerbacks and Ireland looks like he doesn't give a ****. Marc's only option is to either take on 2-3 players or send in a silly cross to the pile of shit in the box.

Wow really can't believe someone tried to defend marcs performance. Tactics have nothing to do with him losing the ball every time he gets it I'm sorry

The 'good positions' we've been in - occasionally - are just good passing or crossing positions. Since we don't have a striker capable of tucking anything away and hardly any of our time is spent in their final third, that's meaningless.

Half the players just aren't good enough. Out of the starting 11 today, I'd only keep Ireland, Gabby, Given, and Cuellar.

You are right that alot of the players are not great, however, you have to give yourself the best chance to win possible. By playing Heskey as our lone striker you immediately set up not to score - McLeish has other options and decided not to take them. By asking the players to sit deep and not get in Arsenal's faces you allow them space and they will tear you apart - these are McLeish's tactics.

Wow really can't believe someone tried to defend marcs performance. Tactics have nothing to do with him losing the ball every time he gets it I'm sorry
Alby is having a shit game but McLeish's tactics play a part, of course they do. We're sitting so deep that whenever he gets it his only real option is to run down a blind alley. He and Ireland have basically bugger all good options, what with no N'Zog and the man up front beign Heskey.