Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Half the players just aren't good enough. Out of the starting 11 today, I'd only keep Ireland, Gabby, Given, and Cuellar.

You are right that alot of the players are not great, however, you have to give yourself the best chance to win possible. By playing Heskey as our lone striker you immediately set up not to score - McLeish has other options and decided not to take them. By asking the players to sit deep and not get in Arsenal's faces you allow them space and they will tear you apart - these are McLeish's tactics.

Believe me, I didn't want Heskey starting. Put Gabby as loan striker and put Andy out wide. I don't know, again, this is the commentators on Fox Sports but they kept saying McLeish was willing the players to push forward at the back. Poor tactics combined with poor players at times.

Wow really can't believe someone tried to defend marcs performance. Tactics have nothing to do with him losing the ball every time he gets it I'm sorry
Alby is having a shit game but McLeish's tactics play a part, of course they do. We're sitting so deep that whenever he gets it his only real option is to run down a blind alley. He and Ireland have basically bugger all good options, what with no N'Zog and the man up front beign Heskey.

That's basically what I was trying to say. Marc hasn't been good I won't even try to dispute that but when Marc has no options and Arsenal's midfield is sprinting their asses off to pressure him, wtf is he supposed to do?

Matt Law ‏ @MattLawExpress

Too many villa players just picking up a salary. It doesn't matter to most of them. Depressing

Yeah, but it's too easy to stop there. Why are they so demoralised and demotivated? Because they just despise the claret and blue and they're evil leeches? Or because they realise like we do that they've been given no chance to win?

Matt Law ‏ @MattLawExpress

Too many villa players just picking up a salary. It doesn't matter to most of them. Depressing

Yeah, but it's too easy to stop there. Why are they so demoralised and demotivated? Because they just despise the claret and blue and they're evil leeches? Or because they realise like we do that they've been given no chance to win?

Both.

People wishing that we lose need to **** off. You are not supporters if you are wishing we would lose just so a manager will get the sack.

Who the **** said McLeish was anywhere near getting the sack?

It makes me sick to to wish anything other than a win for the team that I love, but unless something miraculous happens, that's not going to be the case today.

I said that thanks to that last minute winner at Fulham, there's no pressure on McLeish. IF we are going to lose then I want the pressure on Eck for the greater good of the club, as no good will ever come with him in charge!

no passion

no commitment

no ideas

no leadership

no quality

no mangement

no clue

no inspiration

no care

no love

no hope

whole club is a shambles :cry: