Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if City sell for £25m, will they be able to sue Tevez for causing a loss in value of something like £15m?

With players like Hazard being touted around at the £43m mark, and recent history involving Carroll & Torres, it would be hard to argue that an inform Tevez would be worth less than £40m.

It's not but his wife will live with him there (not sure bout his mistress)

Milan are meant to be paying £4m loan fee then £17m loan fee with £8m a year in wages which Milan have refused to pay, so if he wants to go he'll have to take pay cut surprisingly

Geography was never my favourite subject so could someone please tell me how much closer to Argentina Milan is than Manchester? :D

Geographically an hour or two. Culturally? A world.

The Tevez saga has caused me to appreciate just how much Italy and Argentina have in common. People say Argentina is what Spain would be like if Italians lived there, and I guess if you look into that claim then there is an element of truth in it.

Italian and Spanish are remarkably similar languages (Roman Empire influence there I guess) and while people from our part of Europe migrated in their droves to the USA and Canada a hundred or so years ago, lots of Italians migrated to Argentina after the USA closed its borders somewhat. They also migrated en masse after the second world war when Italy was a smoking crater in deep recession.

Italian influence on Argentina is very easy to see, just look at the surnames of famous Argentina people. Messi. Maradona. Batitstuta. All Italian surnames. Argentinian food is similar to Italian food (presumably in a way that curry is popular here due to the scale of immigration from the subcontinent) too.

Tevez is clearly not an Anglophile, he has made little to no effort to integrate into the culture of this country despite spending his five years here in either London or Manchester, which are nice places to live if you are earning a few million quid a year.

His missus doesnt want to live here (what that says about Tevez is probably a bigger point of discussion than what it says about England, but that is for another day) but maybe the family will find it easier to live in Italy than the UK. If that makes his life happier then really, I just say let him get on with it.

I know City can afford to let him rot in the reserves as a point of principle, but do they really need the hassle?

If he hated England - or Manchester - so much, then why leave a Manchester club and sign for another? Not only does it make you a mercenary with no loyalty, it makes you a **** idiot as well. Let him rot, nothing more than he deserves. Most importantly, keep him the **** away from Milan, I can't bring myself to follow them while he's there.

Italian influence on Argentina is very easy to see, just look at the surnames of famous Argentina people. Messi. Maradona. Batitstuta. All Italian surnames. Argentinian food is similar to Italian food (presumably in a way that curry is popular here due to the scale of immigration from the subcontinent) too

also am pretty sure at least 40 argentine born players have played for Italy including World Cup winners like Camoranesi and most of the stars of 34 and 38 like Monti

It's nothing to do with living in england IMO

This is all about greed by both tevez and his slimy agent

I think the main reason this all started is because Tevez simply does not want to live in England, and neither does his family. Then everything else that has happened has just come out of being unhappy in general. I don't particularly think it's all down to greed... I'm sure his agent would get more money had he signed a new deal at City, rather then signing for another club.... and he isnt going to get the wages he's on here anywhere else... unless it's a russian club.

• 2 weeks later...
Â