Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Santa Cruz wants out..

He said: 'Competition for places is great and I'm working every day to try and convince the coach, but I'm still not getting picked. I'm not getting the playing time to convince anybody and my priority is to leave in the January transfer market.'

Santa Cruz has revealed that he doesn't believe City are good enough to win the Premier League.

http://tinyurl.com/3ad5cj7

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSC has an incredibly bad goal scoring record over the last decade or so (1 freak year at B'burn), If I were him I'd keep it shut and keep raking in the money, he must be the luckiest football player around.

7m... 4m... What's 3m to Man City? If he's going to go around saying 'Man City can't win the league' and also starting rumours that Tevez wants to leave with him then I'd imagine they'd be happy to just get rid of him.

Here is Roque Santa Cruz V's the mighty Emile Heskey...

RSC League Goals per season.

99-00 = 5

00-01 = 5

01-02 = 5

02-03 = 5

03-04 = 5

04-05 = 0

05-06 = 4

06-07 = 2

07-08 = 19

08-09 = 4

09-10 = 3

10-11 = 0

Heskey League Goals Per Season

94-95 = 0 N/A

95-96 = 7 N/A

96-97 = 10 N/A

97-98 =10 N/A

98-99 = 6 N/A

99-00 = 7 (More than RSC)

00-01 = 14 (More than RSC)

01-02 = 9 (More than RSC)

02-03 = 6 (More than RSC)

03-04 = 7 (More than RSC)

04-05 = 10 (More than RSC)

05-06 = 4 (Same as RSC)

06-07 = 8 (More than RSC)

07-08 = 4 (less than RSC)

08-09 = 5 (More than RSC)

09-10 = 3 (Same as RSC)

10-11 = 1 (More than RSC)

Poor statistics I know, but I don't see that 19 goal season as a freak one, I see it as the year he matured and played some great stuff, and was capable of kicking on. Sadly he then went to Man City where he just hasn't been given a chance.

He was fantastic for Blackburn in 07/08. He has hardly played since then so it's impossible to say whether or not he can regain that sort of form. For 4-5m I'd say it's worth chancing it. If we do decide to not go for him it'll be Tim Cahill all over again. He'll go to a rival and be phenominal.

I agree is defo worth a punt at £4-5m but just can't see it happening, Man City would probably have to pay him that to leave (difference between the remainder of his current contract and that of the one he'd get from us).

IMO they'd want closer to £10m otherwise they may as well hang on to him

They are a hassle to deal with and he'll probably request a payout from city anyway.. if city werent difficult to deal with then £4m might've worked although they would push for more anyway. I'd rather we looked abroad (probably french) and found some players most are cheaper then english players.

Comments like 'Man City are not good enough to win the league' will make them very keen to shift him. No doubt RSC knows this and is the reason he said it, but I don't think a club 'might as well hand on to him' when the player makes damaging comments like that. Some papers also reporting that he said Tevez was unhappy and wanted to leave (Star even said he wanted to retire). So I really think they'll want rid of him ASAP. 7m is about the going rate, so initially bid well under and see what happens.

This is probably academic anyway, we're probably not even in for him. I remember he was being linked with Liverpool a while ago, but I'm guessing this was well after the Houllier era.

Gareth Barry is a terwat.

I like Johnson (think he's overrated though) but players shouldn't be doing that really, they're athletes. When do you seen proper footballers like McGrath... ok, bad example. But footballers shouldn't be drinking unless the season has finished or in the privacy of their own home IMO.

Thats just my honest opinion.

Â