Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I'm sick to death of hearing how **** brilliant Adam Johnson is. How long has he played well for? 6 months?...and he gets straight into the England side. Ashley Young has been consistently brilliant over the space of 3 years and has never been given a decent chance for England never been talked about the way Johnson is being talked about on TV and in the papers. All because he plays for Man City, it's a joke.

When Adam Johnson has performed consistently well over 2 or 3 years I'll say he's as good as people seem to think he is, personally I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Young and never will be.

rocket polishers.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick to death of hearing how **** brilliant Adam Johnson is. How long has he played well for? 6 months?...and he gets straight into the England side. Ashley Young has been consistently brilliant over the space of 3 years and has never been given a decent chance for England never been talked about the way Johnson is being talked about on TV and in the papers. All because he plays for Man City, it's a joke.

When Adam Johnson has performed consistently well over 2 or 3 years I'll say he's as good as people seem to think he is, personally I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Young and never will be.

rocket polishers.

Very much this. There was such a clamour last year before the WC squad was announced that was unwarranted IMO, people have very short memories as to the fact he had played in the Prem before.

His form so far this season has been good though but still a MOTD player for me - he will constantly be bigged up by the media now he plays for Citeh too. I hope he maintains and/or improves though, for England's sake.

On Bluemoon they said Milner was very poor vs Blackburn.

Can't remember Milner being criticised to any great extent once last year, apart from perhaps the Derby match at the Sty.

I find myself torn between wanting Man City to fail and wanting Milner to do well as I genuinly like the guy.

On Bluemoon they said Milner was very poor vs Blackburn.

Can't remember Milner being criticised to any great extent once last year, apart from perhaps the Derby match at the Sty.

I find myself torn between wanting Man City to fail and wanting Milner to do well as I genuinly like the guy.

You like Milner?! Never mind that he always bigged himself up to be a loyal Mr Villa but proved in the end that he was just another money-grabbing mercenary? (I never believed all his lies btw)

Can't fault Milner for his commitment on the pitch but off it he's just a dick like everyone else.

I agree about Johnson. I still think he is too 1 dimensional and just a left footed SWP.

I think he's playing just about as well as he can at the moment. If Ash Young was in the Man City side, he'd be given plenty more space than he gets at Villa and would be outstanding.

I also think Johnson's a bit of a one trick pony, no denying he's a decent player, but he's not all that.

I agree about Johnson. I still think he is too 1 dimensional and just a left footed SWP.

What? :?

Johnson is a fine dribbler of the ball who also has a brain on him, great technique and decent delivery.

Wright Phillips is quick. That is literally it.

How are they comparable?

I really like Johnson anyway, good with the ball, skillful, quick, is a clever player who can score and create goals. Yes he's one footed but so are a lot of players.

I think he's playing just about as well as he can at the moment. If Ash Young was in the Man City side, he'd be given plenty more space than he gets at Villa and would be outstanding.

I also think Johnson's a bit of a one trick pony, no denying he's a decent player, but he's not all that.

Sums up what I think as well. I don't think defenders play as well as they should against him. Evra had him in his pocket all game last season and showed how to defend against him.

rocket polishers.

To be fair he was brilliant in the Championship, I can't deny he is being overhyped though.

Very surpised at lack of use of David Silva. A very talented player who i didnt expect to make a PL impact but you would think they would play him to prove us wrong
yeah his chip pass to tevez when there was a scramble before samba got a monster block in was a peach

Sums up what I think as well. I don't think defenders play as well as they should against him. Evra had him in his pocket all game last season and showed how to defend against him.

There was a moment in the 1st half of the Switzerland game when he went past 2 Swiss defenders like they weren't there and the comms were getting all 'Johnson's this, Johnson's that', but the truth of it is, it was shit defending.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I thought he was pretty average against a half-arsed Switzerland side, he scored a good goal, but wasn't that great at all.

What has the world come to when we're deriding the media attention players are getting because they play for Manchester **** City? Never thought it would come to this (and I'll bet City fans who've been around prior to 00's never did either!).

Speaking of, how's Daniel Sturridge been getting on at Chelsea? Seems like just yesterday big things were touted for him (as they always are), but he seems to have done the trademark Chelsea disappearing act.

I think he is a good young player. He has made a similar impact to Albrighton in a number of Cities games.

Albrighton has started 3 Premiership games, been very good in one, decent in another, non existant the Toon game. Johnson has been consistantly good for City for 7/8 months as well as performing for Middlesbrough in the Premiership when he played, even Boro fans said Johnson should of played more.

He might be over-hyped but certainly a case on here of being under-rated because over-rated...I.e.

Some people say he's an amazing player, not quite true so people on here seem to be saying he's decent or average, or one dimensional. Let's be fair, that's not true either. He's been good for England and City since he's played for either. Better than any other English winger alongside Young for me.

What has the world come to when we're deriding the media attention players are getting because they play for Manchester **** City? Never thought it would come to this (and I'll bet City fans who've been around prior to 00's never did either!).

Speaking of, how's Daniel Sturridge been getting on at Chelsea? Seems like just yesterday big things were touted for him (as they always are), but he seems to have done the trademark Chelsea disappearing act.

IIRC CA and lampard both did interviews saying he was a bit billy big bollocks, thinks he made it the day he signed and cant understand that if he doesnt do it in training then he wont be given the chance to do it on a saturday

rocket polishers.

I'm as much of an Ashley Young fan as anyone but to say he's been "consistently brilliant over the space of 3 years" would be stretching is a bit for me. Equally, I've seen him play in an England shirt and be pretty awful too. Sure, he's not had many chances to impress Capello in matches but he's been in plenty of squads and therefore trained a lot with England and you can bet, if Capello had been impressed, he'd have played him a lot more.

For my money, I think AJ is a great wee player. Maybe slightly over-hyped at the moment but when I think that we had the chance to buy him but MON insisted we got DJ instead........... :cry:

Â