Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

Of course he knows. If the allegations are true he will have been receiving 2 salaries. One from Man City and one from a company linked to their owners. 

His own bloody bank statements can tell him everything he needs to know. 

Even if it wasn't a second salary in a dodgy account it'd be interesting what he gets that's classed as above board

during the winter break when he takes the team to dubai and he does a couple of after dinner handshaking events and picks up a fair few hundred thousand for his troubles

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning the title has put the cheating back at the front and centre. It’ll probably get another shot in the arm if/when they win the CL.

Hopefully more European media start calling them cheats too (although I’m certain PSG must be doing something very similar). 

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is there any possibility that the PL would actually like to see them punished properly, if their domination is / could soon be harmful to the product?

I think so, with 115 charges they seem to have put a lot into the investigation. I guess it remains to be seen if what they view as proper punishment is the same as what the rest of us think is suitable. 

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is there any possibility that the PL would actually like to see them punished properly, if their domination is / could soon be harmful to the product?

I think the harm has now been proven and the damage done. I wonder what they think is more damaging to the product - state owned teams financially doping, or stricter rules and punishment that deter teams from spending big?. It must be a bit of a tight rope for them. My worst fear is that they think NUFC are now in the game and competition will be restored, and more so if Qatar get involved with Man U.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think the harm has now been proven and the damage done. I wonder what they think is more damaging to the product - state owned teams financially doping, or stricter rules and punishment that deter teams from spending big?. It must be a bit of a tight rope for them. My worst fear is that they think NUFC are now in the game and competition will be restored, and more so if Qatar get involved with Man U.  

Not sure about that mate. After charging City the PL will look like right tits if they allow others to do the same. 

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s a big cross roads for the PL, with Newcastle state owned and MU potentially going the same way they need to make an example of Man City to deter others from trying their luck with dodgy contracts. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It would be generous to assume so and the resentment of them trying to break away. I think the League is looking to get their arguments watertight. Whatever the  outcome, City will appeal and drag the process on into the long grass. They need to be treated as a pariah and I hope the league recognises that it has a unique window to actually get and fix this mess. The strength of will to do so, however, is the big question. 

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I meant just in terms of City winning the title every year. I guess if they don't really want to punish them or harm the product in this way, the PL will just be hoping that Newcastle or Qatari-backed Man Utd can break the monopoly and we just end up with a competitive top 4 of state owned clubs and then the rest.

• Like 1

There won't be any significant punishment. They will threaten to leave to create a super league, spin it to their own supporters as us vs them, so they will go along with it. PL will eat s*** and back down, or give them a 1 point deduction or something. 

City are too rich and too powerful to be punished in any meaningful way. 

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

There won't be any significant punishment. They will threaten to leave to create a super league, spin it to their own supporters as us vs them, so they will go along with it. PL will eat s*** and back down, or give them a 1 point deduction or something. 

I don’t think City are particularly popular as a club amongst other clubs. I don’t see them rallying round them to get a Super League off the ground or even voicing disappointment at any punishment they might get.

City can’t afford to fall out with the Premier League, they don’t have the power here imo. Where are they going to go if they try and boycott the PL?

Just now, Genie said:

I don’t think City are particularly popular as a club amongst other clubs. I don’t see them rallying round them to get a Super League off the ground or even voicing disappointment at any punishment they might get.

City can’t afford to fall out with the Premier League, they don’t have the power here imo. Where are they going to go if they try and boycott the PL?

They don't need to be popular. Barca, Juve et al will jump at the chance to create a Super League. It's what they've been wanting to balance the books for ages. 

As an aside, I wonder if that factored into the Alemany decision? Has he been told something?

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Pep's dodgy too, too much smoke about him. I bet his contract and secret contract is of interest.

Cheque-Book manager!

The 2 failed drugs test as a player should have kicked him out of the game for life

• Like 2

If they are found guilty, it would be interesting to see if other clubs try to challenge Man City in court.

For example, Leeds. Man City used an unfair financial advantage to take their captain and best player to literally sit on the bench. If they get relegated by 1/2 points then surely having Phillips on the team would have been the difference between them staying up or not.

18 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

All 15 of them?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Glad to see it's getting to ol Pepe, he knows nobody is taking his success as seriously as he would want them to - this is about the lack of respect he feels he deserves.

I'm not sure about that.

We had Linekar getting a hard-on over on MOTD on Saturday night over everything Pep has achieved.

26 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Pep is just a liar and rat at this stage. 

Can't believe a word he says 'I'll walk if there's anything suss' now 'I'll stay irregardless if we cheated' 

£20m+ a year will cause a man to leave his morals at the door.

Â