Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

They could have gone 0-1 up just before HT, closer than we've come yet.

Gabby and Alby are underperforming. With Alby, I think it's his confidence, trying to do too much and not getting simpler things right. With gabby he often drops too deep when we don't have the ball and then drifts too wide when we do have it - basically he's trying to fill roles we already have filled, by players who are better at them than him.

I wouldn't make any changes at HT, we just need to improve our attacking ideas. Maybe a Bannan for Albrighton swap at some point.

solid first half, happy enough, would like to see a bit more penetration and keep up this intensity.....unlike last week,

Hopefully not be get pinned back second half no matter what as heads will drop and Eck wont make right change

failure to score in a good first half performance is not a good thing, lets hope Mcleish fails to work his magic at half time.

The first 10mins of the second half will tell us that. You can almost hear his mind ticking over about 'how good a point would be' right now.

well the first half over, we have looked the better team, i can not guess why fulham are playing dempsey so deep and insisting that every time the defence have the ball they must play it on the ground to feat no matter how many villa players are closing them down.

their tactics have been pretty poor, however if their tactics were to soak up the inevitable pressure we would have to bring to them and then if we couldnt score start attacking second half, then they are half way there.

our defence has looked ok, hutton playing far better but he has not been up against anyone, warnock looks a little uncomfortable on the ball, cuellar again the star in defence, collins looks solid but continues to give cheap possesion away by hoofing it aimlessly, hoping that 1 of the 50 diagonal 60 yard hoofs goes to a villa player

there is no point over loading the team with atacking players and looking at them and expecting them to produce, just play players in their correct positions and let them play their natural game.

i have a feeling fulham will come on in this next half, they couldnt do much worse, and fear that the ginger plum will think that if he introduces more attackers and takes off the people who supply them, then we will score.

petroc has looked decent enough but wasteful, alby looked decent but is now drifting, ireland looks better the game has gone on, looked shit the first 5 or 6 times he had it. nzog has been good so far, gabby has been poor

At times we were playing like the side had been watching Athletic Bilbao we were stunning.. We just lack anyone that can score. Gabby is pathetic, Albrighton is average.. If it wasn't for N'Zogbia and Ireland we wouldn't have even had 11 shots and 7 corners in that half they were bossing the whole game.. Bring Weimann on he'll show Gabby what a real striker should do.

Gabby and Alby are underperforming. With Alby, I think it's his confidence, trying to do too much and not getting simpler things right. With gabby he often drops too deep when we don't have the ball and then drifts too wide when we do have it - basically he's trying to fill roles we already have filled, by players who are better at them than him.

I wouldn't make any changes at HT, we just need to improve our attacking ideas. Maybe a Bannan for Albrighton swap at some point.

How 'bout a Weimann for Albrighton swap? I'd rather see Bannan in midfield if he's going to come on.

We desperately need Bannan. No Petrov is just passing the ball sideways. We need someone to pass it forward. Albrighton's crosses have been wild but even when he delivers a good one, no one is making a run.

There was a brief interview with Gabby on Soccer Saturday before the game. When he was asked about the pressure to score more goals, he brushed it off and started talking about how he wants to be bringing other players into the game. I think that's the problem with what he's trying to do in this game.

IMO this needs to be knocked out of him, at least temporarily. It was essential in the early season, when nobody was performing and Gabby was the only person who seemed capable of feeding bent. Now we have Ireland and Nzog performing decently, Petrov attacking more and with no Bent, Gabby needs to drop his delusions of being a playmaker and get back up front ready to run off shoulders and knock goals in.

How 'bout a Weimann for Albrighton swap? I'd rather see Bannan in midfield if he's going to come on.

Yup Weimann for Albrighton. Gabby on the left, N'Zogbia on the right and Weimann down the middle.

We desperately need Bannan. No Petrov is just passing the ball sideways. We need someone to pass it forward. Albrighton's crosses have been wild but even when he delivers a good one, no one is making a run.

I think Petrov and Herd have been good. We have N'Zogbia and Ireland to provide the spark