Beginning of the end for GAME?

hogso

rumour has it the 1st wave of attempting to get rid of the stock starts tomorrow at GAME not sure about gamestation, expect it to be the preowned stuff they try and shift 1st too

I think it has already started mate. Loads of folk over at Rllmuk have been gorging on pre-owned bargains.

I was surveying in Telford yesterday and popped into Game.. The place looks bare.. They've only got Far Cry 3 as a preorder.

Everything has got a Sale sticker on it, apart from the new releases..

It's not looking good is it? I give them 6 months.

Yeah, Gamestation Basingstoke looked like a shadow of it's former self. Was hoping somebody would ask me what I was looking for, so I could proclaim hilariously "Not Mass Effect 3!" until I reasoned I'd just sound like an unfunny twunt (again).

I was surveying in Telford yesterday and popped into Game.. The place looks bare.. They've only got Far Cry 3 as a preorder.

Everything has got a Sale sticker on it, apart from the new releases..

It's not looking good is it? I give them 6 months.

Aha! A fellow Telford villan!

On topic, I want to pick up F1 2011 for some racing before the real thing starts, will check out Game in the Bullring this arvo. Bring it on!

Yeah, Gamestation Basingstoke looked like a shadow of it's former self. Was hoping somebody would ask me what I was looking for, so I could proclaim hilariously "Not Mass Effect 3!" until I reasoned I'd just sound like an unfunny twunt (again).
:lol: We're a lot alike.

chindie? :)

Yes?

'Spring Clean' sale is on, basically everything in preowned has had a price drop of some sort, some have dropped to silly prices others have small discounts. The decent game stock has had a lot of the great bargains gone already.

Hardware sale went live today, preowned hardware across the board has dropped, some nice prices. You can get a 250gb Xbox S for £130 now. PS3 Slims start at £130 going upto £150 for 320gb ones. Handhelds, Vita aside, have also dropped to enticing prices.

Some new game stock has small discounts, but not much.

Please, don't do that. It'll just immediately make you look like a prick. It's not the sales assistants fault and doesn't deserve the piss taking.

chindie? :)

Yes?

'Spring Clean' sale is on, basically everything in preowned has had a price drop of some sort, some have dropped to silly prices others have small discounts. The decent game stock has had a lot of the great bargains gone already.

Hardware sale went live today, preowned hardware across the board has dropped, some nice prices. You can get a 250gb Xbox S for £130 now. PS3 Slims start at £130 going upto £150 for 320gb ones. Handhelds, Vita aside, have also dropped to enticing prices.

Some new game stock has small discounts, but not much.

£130 for a 250gb Xbox360 and £150 for a PS3 slim? :shock:

I need to get to Burton and see if they've got any left!

Yes, preowned.

Most stores will have decent stock levels. I work in a small store and I'd be surprised to see us completely sell out of that stock, particularly the newer stuff. Older PS3s and old model 360s are thin on the ground though. Quite a few 'newer' models tend to be in pretty good nick, sometimes even brand new (people get them with phone contracts and get shot of them), so you may get what might genuinely be considered a bargain.

Please, don't do that. It'll just immediately make you look like a prick. It's not the sales assistants fault and doesn't deserve the piss taking.

Hence why he said he wouldnt as he would sound like an unfunny twunt. Its not the customers fault either.

Â