coda

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

How do you know? Report i saw had him highest on just over 160k

From a source which claims we are paying Olsen 80k a week?! Haha. Sportrac has zero credibility. Konsa is earning far more than 30k pw, and McGimm is most likely on more than 55k from the figures Capology put out. The only figure I’ve ever seen claim anything remotely close to that was some random Sky Sports Germany journalist. The reality is nobody knows. It’s not public domain information. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Well it is a 7 year contract, so they have that on their wage bill until 2030.

8.5 years I read... just means they can say he's only costing them 10m a year for FFP. They'll sell him for 100m in 5 years time as they do with all their promising young players.

They may find themselves screwed one day if the market crashes or all their signings flop, but they've got so many players they'll probably be OK whatever happens. Business model seems to be working for them for now.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

From a source which claims we are paying Olsen 80k a week?! Haha. Sportrac has zero credibility. Konsa is earning far more than 30k pw, and McGimm is most likely on more than 55k from the figures Capology put out. The only figure I’ve ever seen claim anything remotely close to that was some random Sky Sports Germany journalist. The reality is nobody knows. It’s not public domain information. 

He was on 120k at Everton. We got him below market value. He is supposedly in his absolute prime, and multiple sites have him on 163k. Capology has him on 160k. Yes, probably all ultimately from the same source, but who's to say that source isn't correct. 

It isnt public domain...so you can't flat out say he isn't just like we can't flat out say he is. The likelihood given what has been reported is that he is.

Whatever he's being paid, it will be more than the 120k at Everton, and it will still be too much.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

8.5 years I read... just means they can say he's only costing them 10m a year for FFP. They'll sell him for 100m in 5 years time as they do with all their promising young players.

They may find themselves screwed one day if the market crashes or all their signings flop, but they've got so many players they'll probably be OK whatever happens. Business model seems to be working for them for now.

I wonder if his salary increases by X over a number of years like in the NHL. This exploitation of FFP via contract lengths needs to be nipped in the bud. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

He was on 120k at Everton. We got him below market value. He is supposedly in his absolute prime, and multiple sites have him on 163k. Capology has him on 160k. Yes, probably all ultimately from the same source, but who's to say that source isn't correct. 

It isnt public domain...so you can't flat out say he isn't just like we can't flat out say he is. The likelihood given what has been reported is that he is.

Whatever he's being paid, it will be more than the 120k at Everton, and it will still be too much.

I agree that he’s probably on £100k-120k a week, a lot yes, but I think his salary is overstated by those who can’t let the Gerrard stuff go. 

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Dunno, feels like a Dr. Xia style move to me. 'Let's make it someone else's problem in 5 years'.

I would not like us to move toward this system. 

Imagine if they have a dodgy patch and get relegated, they'll be wound up as a business inside 6 months. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was a FFP report on them today. Obviously the staggering of fees over x years was mentioned but they also made 100m from winning CL and club world cup over last 18 months.

They’ve also sold players for £660 million in the last 10 years. That’s an average sales value of £66 million each year all helping FFP.

Â