coda

showed tonight why they'll win the league, wont lose at home, will very rarely lose away and it will take something special for one of the other contenders to score let alone beat them

still think they need another striker, ba and torres are shit and schurrle isn't an out and out striker

tonight made the willian signing even more perplexing to me, schurrle needs to drop back in to the attacking midfield 3, that gives them schurrle, Oscar, de bruyne, mata, hazard, moses and now willian, moses will leave on loan, cant believe they'll sell mata but at the same time cant see what else they'll do with all of them

I wonder if Mata is just unfit or if there is any truth in any rumors about him not being a favorite for Mourinho. I mean, what about his output? Oscar had 4 goals and 7 assists last season, Mata had 11 goals and 18 assists. Before that 6 goals and 16 assists. Oscar is very young and will only get better, but he is more of gentle passer of the ball and takes little risk. Mata has great set-pieces and a smartness to his game matches by very few in this league, so letting him go would be moronic.

see I don't think they need sturridge, same as I really don't see how rooney fits in to that team, in my mind they need a striker who just stands up front and smashes in anything that drops to him, sturridge and rooney both end up here there and everywhere, they don't need that with 3 attacking midfielders

eto'o would be prefect for them, plenty of movement and pace but a proper striker, he'll be in the right place at the right time

see I don't think they need sturridge, same as I really don't see how rooney fits in to that team, in my mind they need a striker who just stands up front and smashes in anything that drops to him, sturridge and rooney both end up here there and everywhere, they don't need that with 3 attacking midfielders

eto'o would be prefect for them, plenty of movement and pace but a proper striker, he'll be in the right place at the right time

Wonder if Crouch could do a job there................... ;)

de bruyne

hazard

lampard

ramires

Oscar

van ginkel

willian

chalobah

mceahran

schurrle

moses

mata

mikel

essien

new kid coming in from porto, Luiz could be classed as a DMC and kakuta, marin and romeu are out on loan, taking the piss

chalobah needs to get out of there as soon as possible he's not going to get a sniff, mceachran will end up a decent championship player at best, hasn't played enough football

Edited by villa4europe

1. 0957:_69045590__66615864_getattachment.jpg 
  2. "Chelsea expect to complete a deal for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto'o in the next 24 hours.
  3. "The 32-year-old will join the Premier League club on a free transfer and sign a one-year-deal. Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho made his move for Eto'o after seeing two bids rejected for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.
  4. "Earlier this week, it emerged Rooney was not prepared to force a move to Stamford Bridge by handing in a formal transfer request, effectively ending Chelsea's hopes of signing the England striker.
From the BBC, have a feeling he isn't going to cut it.
Edited by Tamuff_Villa

I think he could be very good in front of the many faces in their midfield. They need a poacher; a finisher. It will be put on a plate for him by those behind him and if he can do anything it's put the ball in the net. I think he could surprise. He won't run 10 miles per game but he could be Line-acre mark 2 :)

I don't see the point in signing Eto'o, they may as well just get Drogba and be done with it.

Feel worried for Lukaku, think he needs to orchestrate himself an escape plan, he's good enough for first team football and not getting it could lead to bad things.

Anyone else think this could be another Shevchenko style signing who doesn't have the expected effect in the PL?

No because I think all the other pieces of the jigsaw are in place. All they're missing is a finisher.

Anyone else think this could be another Shevchenko style signing who doesn't have the expected effect in the PL?

No because I think all the other pieces of the jigsaw are in place. All they're missing is a finisher.

They could have had Darren Bent in exchange for a pack of peanuts and a breath mint makes no sense

I bet they wish they had Sturridge back. 

Easy to be a star at Liverpool and nearly impossible to be the same at Chelsea. He was the exact same player there, he had lots of good games, but we are talking about a team trying to win the Premier League and the Champions League, not trying to win the Carling Cup and finish 6th. Sturridge isn't good enough for a top 4 team and that's why he is thrown out, he is too hot and cold and is easy to mark out when being handled correctly. Not very smart in build-up, not a poacher and generally too limited IMO.

Â