London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I actually quite like Lineker but it's clear that his style, that works pretty well week on week with the MOTD regulars, just doesn't work with people he has no relationship/rapport with and it's a painful watch.

As for Thorpe... I like the guy, I appreciate the fact that he was an incredible swimmer and knows what he's on about... but he really has a weird personality, he's the ind of guy you just wouldn't joke around with because he's going to take offence. Has he come out yet by the way?

He hasn't. But he's pushing Adam Scott close for the position of "World's Campest Sportsman"

A few years ago, the Beeb tried to shoehorn Lineker into the golf

It don't last, the excellent Peter Allyce, Ken Brown and co did not want this arrogant footballer making a mess of the golf

I really don't know why the Beeb push Lineker onto the public

Gabby Logan on the other hand has class, taste and is amuch better anchor

Gabby Logan has been dealing with Shearer on the sly if you believe certain rumours. Anyway I digress, might be seeing some Olympic basketball on Thursday, fingers crossed for that one. Has always been a desire of mine to attend an Olympics and a World Cup. Potentially could be half way there by the end of the week.

BBC should have tried to sign up Ato Boldon for the athletics, he is the best in his field at the moment.

Two North Korean golds today. The judo lass had fairly rudimentary skills but was very strong and the kid who won the weightlifting rang a few alarm bells too. First major competition and he hit 3x bodyweight on the C & J!? Massive skull on him to boot.

In fact all of the PRK athlete's I've seen have been absurdly strong...

On a lighter note they both gave credit for their wins to the late Kim Jong Il. :lol:

A few years ago, the Beeb tried to shoehorn Lineker into the golf

It don't last, the excellent Peter Allyce, Ken Brown and co did not want this arrogant footballer making a mess of the golf

I really don't know why the Beeb push Lineker onto the public

Gabby Logan on the other hand has class, taste and is amuch better anchor

Well that, ironically, would make them a lot more arrogant than the "arrogant footballer" they were shunning from their coverage.

Not that I believe that's the case.

I think Lineker's a decent sports presenter. You don't HAVE to have a background in a sport to be an anchor for it.

I assume Allyce, Brown and co are currently shunning Michael Vaughan from the sport as well given his role in the golf coverage now?

I actually quite like Lineker but it's clear that his style, that works pretty well week on week with the MOTD regulars, just doesn't work with people he has no relationship/rapport with and it's a painful watch.

As for Thorpe... I like the guy, I appreciate the fact that he was an incredible swimmer and knows what he's on about... but he really has a weird personality, he's the ind of guy you just wouldn't joke around with because he's going to take offence. Has he come out yet by the way?

He hasn't. But he's pushing Adam Scott close for the position of "World's Campest Sportsman"

:lol: I was thinking that too.

Thorpe and Carl Lewis were on yesterday, that was one camp show.

Someone mentioned a few pages back that they are not showing the scoring on the boxing. Linekar tweeted a response to somebody that it was the decion of the referees not to show the scores.

Yeah they've changed the format of the boxing in general haven't they? It's definitely not a BBC thing. None of the fighters of the crowd know the score either until it's announced after each round, which wasn't the case in the past.

Vaughan made a few gaffs at the open, but he is less smug than Lineker IMHO

Lineker strikes me as a bloke who'll be talking about himself in the 3rd person

So Allyce and co like Vaughan do they, but not Lineker? Because of smugness?

How do you know this by the way? Pure guesswork?

Each to their own.

Your taste in women is actually fascinating.

You don't think Dampney (the one on the right) is hot?

article-1312991650266-0D5EB35700000578-941121_568x535.jpg

Not even close to the Czech pair of Kolocova & Slukova, with the later being a stunner....

Gabby Logan on the other hand has class, taste

Gabby Logan has been dealing with Shearer on the sly if you believe certain rumours

Well you can't both be right.

Never noticed the Thorpe campness before but just listening to him and watching his mannerisms just now and if he isn't gay then he is in some narnia-esque style closet. Not that it matters of course.

Â