Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I'll give credit where it's due. Cuellar in for Warnock (finally), but it's working well. I'm glad McLeish has finally seen it.
I don't think it's a long term or even medium term solution at all. Cuellar is doing well because he's a gritty defender who reads stuff well, but with any kind of structured attack down that side (which we haven't yet seen) he'll have trouble sorting his feet out and timing his challenge. He's also even less confident attacking down the left than he is down the right.

If anything it shows what a laughable signing Hutton was, when he, an attacking FB who can supposedly play on both sides, is still a poorer choice for LB than a non-natural RB who was originally converted from CB.

Has to be the most abject Villa performance I've seen in a long time. Yes, we're playing a very good team, but we're not even at the races. And we're not a crap side.....thats what hurts!!

The defense needs a complete overhaul, but realistically we will have to make do till summer. The rest of them are playing with hardly a scrap of belief and its obvious why. Sorry McLeish, but the truth is they don't want to play the McLeish way.

1. How the **** does Heskey still get a game?!

2. Why the **** long balls, Bent is not a natural target man hence we are practically giving the ball away straight after getting it back which doesn't make sense from both an attacking and a defensive performance.

3. Good defensively so far which is a surprise, but you just sense that it's a matter of time before City score so really we have to start getting chances in but the way we've played so far we won't come even close.

4. Keane will be glad he's returning to LA at this rate, no doubt Bent will be off to Liverpool in the summer should we continue playing so negatively.

I'm fed up of writing this, but if we keep inviting the opposition onto us, eventually we will concede, and by the same token, we will restrict our chances to score. It's not rocket science. We've proven this in pretty much every game we've played this season (as if it needed to be proved) and still we're persisting with keeping 11 men behind the ball, and making the oppositions life easier.

Well it's taken him a few games but Mcleish has finally figured out how to isolate Keane.

yeah, **** all to do with the fact that we're playing one of the best teams in the world like

You honestly believe this is the absolute best we can manage against this invincible Man City side that drew at West Brom, scraped past Wigan and got beat by Sunderland and Everton in their last 4 away games in the Prem.

I'm not expecting us to outclass them but just take the game to them on some level at least.

But hey if you're happy sitting through 90minutes of injury time more power to ya.

i honestly believe that our players arent good enough to take man city on at their own game, especially when we're playing at home. doing so would see us murdered 5 or 6 nothing, further destroying player confidence.

there's 3 or 4 games a season where i have no problem at all playing for a draw, and this happens to be one of them. the odds of us winning are slim to none, but a point is doable and i think everyone would be more than happy with that

we've been looking more attacking and more confident on the ball in recent weeks, so i genuinely think a different approach for a game like this is necessary - if we get stuffed playing the kind of football we've been working towards it'll do nobody any good

Really hope we bring on Ireland & Zog for Albrighton & Heskey. Ireland can play narrow to help out the midfield two & hopefully use the ball better, while Zog would give us a bit of pace as an outlet.

Sadly, I expect McLeish is perfectly content with that first half and would love the same again.

I feel sorry for Keane. Joint the Villa at the moment is like visiting an old people's home. You don't as much release the youth in the elderly, more get dragged down to their level of lethargy.

sure he's back off to the states tomorrow anyway, im sure he doesnt give a toss either way

Terrible football. AM needs to grow a pair and stop being so concious. He's so afraid to lose (the fans getting on his back for every little thing may have something to do with it). That said, Heskey's been excellent at right back :lol:.

I'm fed up of writing this, but if we keep inviting the opposition onto us, eventually we will concede, and by the same token, we will restrict our chances to score. It's not rocket science. We've proven this in pretty much every game we've played this season (as if it needed to be proved) and still we're persisting with keeping 11 men behind the ball, and making the oppositions life easier.

Couldn't agree more.

Man city have been really poor- only reason we are level because we have been shocking... Heskey beds to be taken off and albrighton can go as well- offer nothing.

We have a chance to win this if we show some ambition! They are worse then when the lost to everton and Sunderland recently... There for the taking!