Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I'll give credit where it's due. Cuellar in for Warnock (finally), but it's working well. I'm glad McLeish has finally seen it.

But I'll also tear him down for leaving (arguably) our two best players in recent weeks on the bench, playing Heskey and playing flatback 11 against a title challenger who WILL break us down if we give them time. I'm surprised we've lasted this long to be honest.

I can't even fathom what goes through this mans head. He seems like the guy who would literally bring a knife to a gunfight. 10 times in a row. And then realise something's not working but he's not sure what. I can't fully express my disbelief at his lack of intelligence and tactical acumen.

Well it's taken him a few games but Mcleish has finally figured out how to isolate Keane.

yeah, **** all to do with the fact that we're playing one of the best teams in the world like

:thumb:

Need to get Heskey and Albrighton off at HT. Heskey is not good enough and Albrighton is having a nightmare first half.

Is Albrighton actually playing? Had'nt noticed tbh.

we're not exactly playing to his strengths though are we???

The way we're set up, we'd be better off with Bannan at LM

No, but apart from one pass to Gardner, all his other passes have gone straight to a City player.

I agree he's having a bad day at the office so far but we're not using him right

Well it's taken him a few games but Mcleish has finally figured out how to isolate Keane.

yeah, **** all to do with the fact that we're playing one of the best teams in the world like

Yes. The same team that Everton beat in their last away game and that has only scored one in 4 away from home. No-one expected us to go and dominate them BUT we should be in there competing and making it hard for them.

Anyway, you really ought to be focusing on the game Alex, its the only thing you appear to do that can in anyway justify that £2m p.a. or whatever stupid fee it is.

Thought Keane has been really shit so far. Taking extra touches and woeful passes everywhere.

Heskey, predictably, has been more than terrible. He offers nothing but an excuse for Dumb and Dumber to hoof it up to him. Doesn't even look bothered to track back Kolarov, something that will bite us later if he's still in.

Gardner, for all his nice touches, isn't showing for the ball enough. It once again leaves Dumb and Dumber with the ball.

Thought Cuellar has been MOTM so far, not only defending but getting forward and giving a shit. Petrov has been trying but no one's around for him to pass the ball to.

Cuellar MOTM so far....

Albrighton and Heskey have been utter turd....

Gardner has shown glimpses but looks a bit lost at times...

Keane can't find space coz of De jong and Barry (not that we would pass to his feet anyway)

and Bent? well doing what we have come to expect from him too much this season - absolutely zero effort to get involved

he obviously had his bedtime HORLICKS before kick off and is feeling too cosy to play football

You honestly believe this is the absolute best we can manage against this invincible Man City side that drew at West Brom, scraped past Wigan and got beat by Sunderland and Everton in their last 4 away games in the Prem.

I'm not expecting us to outclass them but just take the game to them on some level at least.

But hey if you're happy sitting through 90minutes of injury time more power to ya.

well that was woeful. heskey needs to come off offers us nothing on the wing, so i would bring nzog on and we have to get ireland on as petrov has been abysmal. if its the same second half we will not get a point from this. unfortunatley albrighton has had to be on defensive duty so seen no attack from him.

We are piss poor. No tactics from McLeish other than kick it up the field and chase after it. No balanace to our side and Hutton is worse than awful. Dunne looks ready to commit another f*ck-up at any time now. This is depressing beyond belief. In forty years of following Villa, I don't think that I have ever been so disillusioned. :bang: