Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

i can almost hear McLeish in the dressing room now

"now lads as you will notice unfortunately citeh haven't scored yet. Now we talked about this before kick off...if they are struggling to score we need to give them some golden opportunities that they can't miss. So ginge, i want you to start lunging into tackles in the penalty area and Stan keep passing it back as much as you can to put our defence under as much pressure as possible. Hopefully they'll bag one and put us out of our misery. Although nobody is making there Citeh debut today so im afraid you will have to be content with letting Aguero or Silva adding to their tally. Hope thats ok."

So far, it's not pretty, but better than I feared.

Cuellar doing quite well. Who knew he was our best left back :)

Albrighton and Heskey are both providing very deep cover so there is no attack on the wing.

Bent and Keane are both seeing very little of the ball. Need to show for it more to create better outlets.

Petrov is too much a spectator as the game goes on around him.

Gardner shows lots of energy but when he gets the ball he's not seeing any option and looks short on ideas. (not his fault really, the options aren't there.)

Hutton, Dunne, and Collins (especially Collins) doing OK

I'd put on Ireland for Heskey, then a bit later put on Zog on the wing, move ireland into middle, sit Keane.

Well it's taken him a few games but Mcleish has finally figured out how to isolate Keane.

yeah, **** all to do with the fact that we're playing one of the best teams in the world like

Actually not that much. It's much more about how McLeish sets the team up with our back four defending as deep as possible and the midfielders keeping them company there, leaving the strikers miles apart from the other players.

Then when we finally manage to get the ball we kick it long hoping that one of them will be lucky enough to get it. This isn't counter attacking football, it's just us defending and defending and giving City plenty of the ball so they can attack us again and again.

On the plus side:

We haven't conceded and have been 'relatively' comfortable in defence.

While it is 0-0 the re is a chance we could hit them on the break and get a goal.

On the negative side:

Our possession is as naff as always

Can we really defend for 90 minutes?

Can we rely on Man City not to step up out of first gear?

i can almost hear McLeish in the dressing room now

"now lads as you will notice unfortunately citeh haven't scored yet. Now we talked about this before kick off...if they are struggling to score we need to give them some golden opportunities that they can't miss. So ginge, i want you to start lunging into tackles in the penalty area and Stan keep passing it back as much as you can to put our defence under as much pressure as possible. Hopefully they'll bag one and put us out of our misery. Although nobody is making there Citeh debut today so im afraid you will have to be content with letting Aguero or Silva adding to their tally. Hope thats ok."

Your imagination is vivid. (and utter nonsense... there is no chance in Hell he said anything remotely similar)

"sail on the mayonnaise sea" where does that sentence come from? seen it a couple of times here on VT but nowhere else

You won't see it anywhere else, it's just some pathetically unfunny word replacement filter that changes the word vvank into that phrase. **** knows why.