Relegation - Merged

Amo69

If QPR beat stoke and we don't beat spurs - it goes to the last day ?

Anything could happen - but it looked worse a couple of days back.

No we'd be virtually safe thanks to our goal difference.

edit: i read it as Stoke beat QPR, disregard the above :lol:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also don't think we're safe just yet. Until it is mathmatecially impossible for us to go down, or there needs to be a ten + goal swing in the final game then we are still in the relegation fight. QPR have picked up some good wins in recent weeks, so to write them off now is very foolish.

Look even if City lose tonight or draw, they will let QPR roll up and win, Like you said it could in fact be Mancini's last game so why would he let them stroll to a win? I think QPR will beat Stoke and we will go into the last day but I just can't see QPR getting more than a point. Also you forget two things, their are two players who play for City who owe our club an awful lot. Barry and Milner would do it for Petrov alone.

I'm starting to feel a bit better, well a little less worried about the prospect of going down.

That's not because of anything Mcleish has done positive but because other teams have done us a favour.

We got a very lucky draw for the **** 16th time and the 6th 0-0.

Also it's a real piss poor return of 36 goals in 36 games and the ginger idiot tried to make out it was a myth that his tactic's were negative.

I have to say i am pretty furious with the FA today.

One of the teams who will have a direct say on this relegation battle are West Brom..We should know we just played them!! We got a point yes BUT... Lets just suppose they had found out just prior to the game that their manager was going to quit for the England job.... I think we actually may well have won that game as it would most definately have affected them.. we may not have done but we will never know..

Now lets put the boot on the other foot

Bolton.. one of the teams we are competeing against for the relegation spots.. have to play..........West Brom at home next week.. Who now know they will be losing their manager at the end of the season!!

How i ask is that fair?

Lest also note whilst we are at it..Spurs are another team with a massive say in this relegation battle

When speculation about Arry' for England was rife their form dropped startlingly

This news of Hodgson broke yesterday... Spurs players knew Arry was staying & guess what

Form improved & they won easily

Just before we are due to play them too! Ok so are Bolton but you get my point..This could be viewed as evidence that these things do have an effect.. The FA should have waited until all relegation issues were resolved with regards to WBA involvement

As usual grand incompetence from them! Still they only organise the Premier League so why would they know about these things?!.......DOH!

The whole argument of the effect the FA has had on Woy and melted face could be seen as a positive. Spurs will now probably be more pumped up, which means they might beat Bolton mid week, which not only keeps Bolton in the bottom 3, it also means (I think anyway) that its a little less unlikely that they will beat us, based on winning 3 in a row is hard in any league and playing 3 games in 7 days.

With West Brom, its already looking like a negative reaction for Woy, so I guarantee the next game he plays he will want them to win, purely to show he is the right man.

The FA might have just done us a big favour. Or maybe not :huh:

The whole argument of the effect the FA has had on Woy and melted face could be seen as a positive. Spurs will now probably be more pumped up, which means they might beat Bolton mid week, which not only keeps Bolton in the bottom 3, it also means (I think anyway) that its a little less unlikely that they will beat us, based on winning 3 in a row is hard in any league and playing 3 games in 7 days.

With West Brom, its already looking like a negative reaction for Woy, so I guarantee the next game he plays he will want them to win, purely to show he is the right man.

You sound like my local MP

You sound like my local MP

Intelligent and charming?