Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I think he'll go even if we stay up. He'll still have done a horrendous job that surely can't be ignored.

In my opinion, we'll have a better chance of becoming a competitive Premier League sooner if we are still in the division.

He did a horrendous job before and that seemingly was enough to get him the Villa job in the first place.

We only have a limited window to show RL that McLeish as manager is simply unacceptable. I don't trust them to figure it out for themselves.

Mcleish is getting the flack but appointing HIM as well as attempting to cut the wage bill was a hell of a risk.... and it's not paying off!

I don't agree with the vitriole aimed at Mcleish...but I'm annoyed at Lerner & Co because they should never have appointed him under these terms. He was up against it from day one due to Blues connection, when he was going to be given an even smaller sqaud to work with was surely a dangerous tactic.

We badly need a footballing brain at B6 as I've said before. A footballing Villa brain would have never appointed McLeish in the first place.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see us getting another point. The team is a complete and utter shambles. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Doing the predictor based on the above, I have QPR beating Stoke at home which means if Wigan beat Wolves at home on the last day we are gone biscuits.

I can't see us getting another point. The team is a complete and utter shambles. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Doing the predictor based on the above, I have QPR beating Stoke at home which means if Wigan beat Wolves at home on the last day we are gone biscuits.

I think we'll maybe manage 2 points in the next 3 games. Where does that leave us?

We absolutely battered Bolton first half on Tuesday, but the trouble is because we couldn't score, youngsters just haven't built up the levels of stamina that comes with maturity to play 90 mins week in week out...which is why we're flagging and looking poor most second halfs.

I think we'll maybe manage 2 points in the next 3 games. Where does that leave us?

We absolutely battered Bolton first half on Tuesday, but the trouble is because we couldn't score, youngsters just haven't built up the levels of stamina that comes with maturity to play 90 mins week in week out...which is why we're flagging and looking poor most second halfs.

I think your being extremely optimistic.

Baggies will be gunning to put a nail in our coffin.

I can't see anything but a loss against Spurs and then we have to go to Norwich on the last day and possibly require a win to stay up.

I think your being extremely optimistic.

Baggies will be gunning to put a nail in our coffin.

I can't see anything but a loss against Spurs and then we have to go to Norwich on the last day and possibly require a win to stay up.

I cannot emphasise this point enough. I was there last season when they beat us for the first time in god knows how long, and their fans went absolutely mental, like they'd won the FA Cup.

I know a lot of our fans are indifferent about Albion, but make no mistake they hate our guts and are so fired up for this game. They'd love nothing more than to give us a large helping hand towards relegation.

I'm going on Saturday and quite frankly I’m dreading it. Read their message boards and they are counting down the "sleeps" until they play us. Are we going to match their desire? It's a must-win game for us but I'd be absolutely amazed if we got anything out of this game. I'm preparing myself to feel nigh on suicidal come Saturday night.

I think if we need to beat Norwich on the last day then we will, i'm just hoping it won't come to that. I think we'll get a point on Saturday and then get walloped by Spurs, so it really depends on how the other teams do imo.

Three games to go, and as I write this, I am struggling to describe what I am feeling. There are so many thoughts and emotions in my head. What are these you may ask? Well, here goes.

Disillusionment, trepidation, anger, sadness, confusion.

I feel for all the fans, the gamut of emotions ranges from one extreme to the other. I believe (IMO) that we may not know our status until late in the last game. I for one, dread the thought of being relegated. Although we are a big club, I beleive it will not be an easy task to rebound and get promoted immediately. Before that could happen, there would need to be sweeping changes to the management and running of the club. This would involve, player changes, coaching staff changes, high-end management changes.

If we were to stay up, then for us to retain that status and be the successful club we deserve to be, would require the same changes.

I'm all for cultivating our youth system and bringing the young lads through. But they can't do it alone. There will need to be a wise head in charge of recruitment that can assemble a higher quality, motivated, value for money and wage effective team. Have we got someone at the club who can do this now? I'm not so sure.

So regardless of whether we are relegated or not, there is alot of hard work that is going to be needed to get this mighty club back up where we belong. And no doubt, alot of ups and downs for us fans as well. I'm preparing myself for whatever comes my way as my passion for the club will never die.

Best of wishes in the coming weeks to all the fans. Stay strong. UTV

Does anybody think we'll be relegated if we lose or draw tomorrow and Wigan or Bolton win?

No, my focus is completely on QPR. I'm 99% sure that both Wigan and Bolton will pass us based on form and fixtures.

Wolves have gone (obviously) and Blackburn nearly have. So it's between us and QPR for the last position I guess and you've just got to hope that they get nothing from Chelsea and Man City and therefore a point would be enough regardless of their result against Stoke.

It's going to be damn close though and is almost inevitably going to come down to the final day.

A point or more tomorrow and I think we'll be ok.

MON will hopefully do us a favour and get Sunderland to beat Bolton at home.

Spurs are definately due a win (hopefully this will be this weekend and midweek against Blackburn and Bolton, not next week against us!)

Chelsea should be riding high after their Champs League semi and are at home to QPR

and Newcastle, who can't stop scoring should bag a few away to Wigan.

Bizarrely, I can see us staying up on goal difference!

A point or more tomorrow and I think we'll be ok.

MON will hopefully do us a favour and get Sunderland to beat Bolton at home.

Spurs are definately due a win (hopefully this will be this weekend and midweek against Blackburn and Bolton, not next week against us!)

Chelsea should be riding high after their Champs League semi and are at home to QPR

and Newcastle, who can't stop scoring should bag a few away to Wigan.

Bizarrely, I can see us staying up on goal difference!

Yeah I think this is a huge + for us we have a better goal difference than any other team down there.

I'd certainly take 17th on GD right now!!!!

I also think, with the current rumblings surrounding VP regarding AMc's uncertain future, the atmosphere will be better and the fans will cheer on regardless.

I now think whatever the outcome of the season, we'll be after a new manager in the summer.

I couldn't really give a shit anymore if we stay up or go down.

The Premiership has been consumed by greedy owners, mercenary players, crap ref's and cheating on the field of play. I no longer look forward to a weekend of Football like I did 10 years ago as it's no longer a level playing field unless you have a few billion knocking around. Some of the antics the players get up to are pathetic and you may as well abolish contracts as they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

This season, I have not attended many Villa games. Not because I'm, as some like to say - 'not a real fan' - but because I am increasingly disillusioned how far the game has moved away from the 'real' football supporter.

Yes, it's nice being in the 'big time' but if we are in for season after season of boring, mediocre shit football, I'd take going down. We have no money anyway, apparently, so at least we could flog Bent, Given, N'Zogbia etc... which would give us a few quid. We could then hire Curbs as manager with Johnny Gregg as first team coach. These two would bring goals, excitement and new life to Villa Park.

We'd probably win the Championship, wouldn't see many clubs coming to VP and getting anything at all. At least if we take a step back first, we can dump the deadwood - which there is enough to build a fleet of arks - and start resurrecting this once great club which a Yank & Scot have truly done a number on this season. Then, if we do come up, we'll still have a management team who have Premiership experience of not going around relegating everything they set their eyes on.

I know Baggies fans will be gunning for us, but their players have been on sun loungers for the last month, thats our only saving grace.

They just won at Anfield. I know Liverpool are not as good as usual this year, but that is a very impressive result.

This weekend is so important, I want everything sorted.