Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat Bolton we are safe. Lose then expect the worst.

As a captin I think it's time gabby leads by example.

Hes Doubtful for the Bolton game.

And the way he stayed down yesterday - suggests to me he wasn't fully fit going in to yesterdays game.

Before the Bent Injury he was in and out of the side with a back injury. That all went quiet after bents injury. I suspect he is playing through the pain barrier

Just done the predictor thing like many others in here but what is alarming is that even a point against Bolton might not be enough...

I had us to stay up on goal difference by 1 goal at the expense of QPR, that is after predicting a loss to Bolton but a draw against WBA, with QPR only winning one game:

15 - Bolton 41 pts

16 - Wigan 39 pts

17 - Aston Villa 37 pts (-18 GD)

18 - QPR 37 pts (-19 GD)

19 - Blackburn 32 pts

20 - Wolves

Now say we put the optimistic hat on and we get a point against Bolton AND Wba :hooray::

15 - Wigan 39 pts

16 - Bolton 39 pts

17 - Aston Villa 38 pts (-17 GD)

18 - QPR 37 pts (-19 GD)

19 - Blackburn 32 pts

20 - Wolves

This scenario of two more draws would put us only one point above the drop, and to survive we'd be relying on QPR failing to get 1 point from Chelsea / Man City... (plus needing Goal differences not to change significantly between now and then).

2 points from our last 4 games is a realistic scenario in my opinion but even if QPR get only a point from their game at Stoke this would still leave us heading to Carrow Road on the final day with the possibility of going down. We've been there before and survived in 1995 on the last day haven't we? I'm not sure I'd be so confident this time around...

mark have you been smoking something strong? you think its realitstic that bolton gets 11 points from 15 possible? i cant see them getting more than 5 if im really optimistic on there behalf and that they win against us. if we win or its a draw i see them getting 2-3 points

After our dismal showing yesterday I can't see us beating Bolton.

I had us down for a win against Bolton but after yesterday's effort I think a loss or draw is more likely. Anyway it's not this season we have to worry about, I can see us going down next term.

If we don't beat Bolton we're down

And if Ci£y are out of the title race QPR will beat them on the last day for sure

Citeh out of the title race??

If the scoreline at Mould Trafford stays the same, Citeh are well back in it (especially when they'll meet one another the following Monday night).

CI, you really do type before thinking sometimes.

And if Ci£y are out of the title race QPR will beat them on the last day for sure

I can't really see Mancini saying to his team " right lads we are out of the title race now so go out and enjoy yourself, don't worry about the result"

We're not down if we fail to win - still 3 games left. Anything can happen - more twists and turns in this exciting season for us Villa fans.

I can't really see Mancini saying to his team " right lads we are out of the title race now so go out and enjoy yourself, don't worry about the result"

West Ham won at Old Trafford to relegate Sheffield United. Some teams do relax if they have nothing to play for.

West Ham won at Old Trafford to relegate Sheffield United. Some teams do relax if they have nothing to play for.

I'm sure that was nothing to do with Man Utd wanting to sign a certain West Ham player, Tevez once the season ended :winkold:

To be honest I think that is what Mancini has been saying the last few weeks.. The second Mancini started saying the season is over we can't win the league they have been playing with confidence.. It wouldn't surprise me if what Mancini has been saying to the press is what he says to the players.

I'm sure that was nothing to do with Man Utd wanting to sign a certain West Ham player, Tevez once the season ended :winkold:

How would that work then?

Just done the predictor thing like many others in here but what is alarming is that even a point against Bolton might not be enough...

I had us to stay up on goal difference by 1 goal at the expense of QPR, that is after predicting a loss to Bolton but a draw against WBA, with QPR only winning one game:

15 - Bolton 41 pts

16 - Wigan 39 pts

17 - Aston Villa 37 pts (-18 GD)

18 - QPR 37 pts (-19 GD)

19 - Blackburn 32 pts

20 - Wolves

Its Bolton not Real Madrid

I remember being nine years old the last time I was so nervous about a match against Bolton, when we faced them in the 2000 FA Cup Semi-Final. Funny how things change, isn't it?

I must have gone through the BBC Predictor about four or five times now and I have us staying up every time, but if we lose to Bolton on Tuesday then I honestly can't see us getting another point for the rest of the season. Whether the QPRs, Wigans and Boltons of this world can take advantage is another story but the way we've played this season we are exactly where we deserve to be.

Looking at our squad too and who will almost certainly leave if we go down, I think it's more likely we'll do a Leeds rather than a Newcastle.