Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit, another year of sulky arse Warnock and his wandering ways.

Can we pay a transfer fee to someone to take him off our hands, Burscough Town maybe?

At least he provides some comedy value, so long as it doesn't result in the opposition getting a goal (which it often does actually). I've actually burst out laughing on watching a couple of his mistakes, even though I know I shouldn't.

And he goes down injured IN EVERY SINGLE GAME. When he and Heskey are both on the pitch, my friends and I place bets on which of them is going to fall over and require treatment first.

And he goes down injured IN EVERY SINGLE GAME. When he and Heskey are both on the pitch, my friends and I place bets on which of them is going to fall over and require treatment first.

Would be more interesting if we still had Ashley Young.

Ashley Young Rarely needed treatment, he nearly always managed to run it off in the next five minutes with a bit of a limp. Only very occasionally did he need the prop of the trainer.

Ashley Young Rarely needed treatment, he nearly always managed to run it off in the next five minutes with a bit of a limp. Only very occasionally did he need the prop of the trainer.

That's because 9 times out of 10 it would just be a dive anyway :?

I think if we avoid defeat in the Bolton game we will stay up. 6 points from 5 games would be quite difficult to overhaul

Agreed - its all a bit similar to blues last year. We only have to beat fulham, we only have to beat fulham. Fulham then blitzed then 3-0 - the rest is history !

We need to win a match - pronto - the longer we don't the more the pressure builds on the bolton game.

I think if we avoid defeat in the Bolton game we will stay up. 6 points from 5 games would be quite difficult to overhaul

Agreed - its all a bit similar to blues last year. We only have to beat fulham, we only have to beat fulham. Fulham then blitzed then 3-0 - the rest is history !

We need to win a match - pronto - the longer we don't the more the pressure builds on the bolton game.

Even though I noted the similarity in terms of points total, league position and distance from the 18th place team with Birmingham City last season. Their last 6 games were Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves, Newcastle, Fulham and Spurs on the last day. A harder set of games then Villa have.

Last goal from a corner was against Blackburn in November 2010.
We didn't even score in that game. We scored against Blackpool from a corner that same month though.

Ah Blackpool.. Same starting word. Thank you for the correction, ;)

If we can't beat Bolton at home, we deserve to go down.

If we:

1) get rid of a good manager with amition, because he didnt agree with our chairman over he club's ambitions and future

2) buy heskey when pushing for champions league while in 3rd place

3) stop investing in the squad, give up on all ambitions

4) hire two managers who were obviously total crap, one whose career was over and wanted by nobody, one other whose career will soon be over if we go down, and will be wanted by nobody

5) sell all our good players who can make a difference in a match

6) get less than 40 points in a season

7) have the least amount of shots on target over the past 4 games, when fighting for relegation

8) have our highest paid earner - Stephen Ireland at 80000 euro a week (correct me if wrong)

edit .... add 9) play disgusting football

....we deserve to go down

Even though I noted the similarity in terms of points total, league position and distance from the 18th place team with Birmingham City last season. Their last 6 games were Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves, Newcastle, Fulham and Spurs on the last day. A harder set of games then Villa have.

they managed 1 point in that run that included wolves and fulham at home.