Relegation - Merged

Amo69

We're not going to be relegated, but the fact this is even a discussion is depressing.

The scale of collapse in two seasons is staggering.

This. Bloody hell, I swear some people can't see the table or something.

We won't go down so people need to stop going on about it.

As the Dude would say: "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

We are very much in risk of being relegated even thou there are teams who atm are worse off than us

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say we won't go down is stupid but it would take an amazing effort from the teams below and an incredible **** up on our part. We haven't lost more than two in a row this season and we have been consistently picking up draws.

our next two games against a hit and miss chelsea and a woefully out of form Liverpool are hardly as scary as they are being made out. The Man Utd game will be a thrashing like the arsenal and MON seems to always beat Mcleish but the rest are definitely games were we can at least get a point. I'm predicting we end on 41 points which is shit but more than enough to stay up.

Its not stupid at all. It may be a mathematical possibility, but it relies on something of a miracle in respect of the utter dross somehow turning things around, which they won't.

To be honest, a season in The Championship would probably be more fun than this

If we got relegated with the squad we have I doubt we'd see the PL again for a while. Especially with the current board in charge.

We need 3 points for safety I think. We'll scrape there.

We very much are in the 'relegation scrap'. With those teams to still play each other and us to play some teams in the top 6 then we could be brought bang straight into the middle of it all. For us to finish on points that are in the 30's is disgusting, and for the prices that we are having to pay for tickets to watch absolute shit is also a disgrace. Everything is rubbish at the moment and im not bothering to attend anymore games. Especially when McLeish says we need to be realistic about winning at Arsenal - what was the **** point. We should be able to ask for our money back of that is the case.

The nightmare scenario will occur if we get relegated in my opinion. The very fact that we would be relegated for the first time from the premiership would not be the worst part of that nightmare. I honestly don't think that McLeish would get sacked.

I can almost visualise the spin coming from the club already. Alex has a great record of achievement at championship level in the past and we are confident that he is the man best qualified to lead us back.

McLeish says we need to be realistic about winning at Arsenal

He must of meant a McLeish managed side winning at Arsenal.

We have the best record at their stadium of any team.

I'm embarresed to say I turned off the stream after we went 2 down.

I ran the BBC predictor and had Wigan in 18th on 33 pts at the end, with us scrapping it out on 35pts with Bolton and Blackburn, with a game in hand for us. I entered mostly negative outcomes for us (which I expect) but they weren't quite 'worst case'.

Essentially it comes down to Wigan's form (I don't rate QPR's chances at all). Bolton and Blackburn have what it takes to catch up to us, I think, with the pivotal moment being our own game against Bolton. After that, the biggest question becomes 'can Wigan get three wins and a draw or two?' I think it's much more likely that we will stay up, but I can see the route which would take us down and stranger things have happened. Either way this season is a disgrace and should be a sacking offence.

McLeish says we need to be realistic about winning at Arsenal

He must of meant a McLeish managed side winning at Arsenal.

We have the best record at their stadium of any team.

I'm embarresed to say I turned off the stream after we went 2 down.

HOW THE **** CAN HE SAY WE NEED TO BE REALISTIC ABOUT WINNING AT ARSENAL.....................AND THEN START HESKY :?:

We'll go to Liverpool and get hammered knowing our luck, the bin dippers will at last find some decent home form, bloody scouse gits...

First of all. The leafs suck.

Second...You say 'knowing our luck'...we will get hammered.

It has nothing to do with luck. If we were a decent side and playing well it would be unlucky to lose to Liverpool yes.

But

We play to draw and often to only lose by 1 or 2 goals. If we lose to Liverpool it wont be because of bad luck, it will be because our manager never had any intention of winning that game.

Yep I know the Leafs suck, secondly I was only saying "knowing our luck" in jest as I know it will be because McLeish is tactically inept and we just aren't good enough at the moment, jeez I really put myself through it with the two teams I support don't I but I wouldn't change either of them for the world....

:cheers:

The end of a season is always littered with freak results

It's plain to see, with the exception of wolves the other bottom teams have all started to get results

We need 40 points to stay up

We don't.

As I've said countless times SHA went down on 39 points which was the highest points tally to go down since 2003. It was a freak year.

The average since then to stay up with is 35 points so 2 draws as we have a better goal difference than the teams below us.

I actually still think Blackburn will go down as their final 3 games are Spurs and Chelsea away and Wigan at home. I could see them losing all three of those games.

The only positive of Relegation

McLeish will no longer be manager

I think id rather take a season in the championship than watch another season of his complete and utter rubbish

Thats how bad i feel about the villa at the minute i welcome relegation because we really are that shit under the current regime

Blackburn will definately finish above us

They won't. Fancy a bet? :winkold:

Everyone thought they'd beat a Bolton team still upset and they were awful in the first half as they were against us.

Still go to play the likes of Manure and Liverpool at home and swansea and Spurs away. Their final two games of the season are Wigan at home and Chelsea away aswell.