Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will stay up, yet it will be down to the fact that other teams are even worse than us (somehow). Certainly not something to be proud of and if this was any other season then we would be in a relegation scrap. It's simply not good enough...

Losing a lot of faith at the minute, we win 1 in 4 games and from the stats show Amc is doing a SHA on us :(

If we got relegated it would be 50/50 to wether we did a Newcastle and bounced back or did a Leeds, it would take some investment on RL's side which I doubt he would as we wouldn't be "self sufficient" he would need to remember FFP rules are only for teams in Europe, we aren't going to get there this season, despite the fact PF made that AMc's aim for the season?

In a nutshell:

Shit Manager

Shit players who are falling out with each other

Owner who won't spend (until it's too late)

It doesn't look good, and I'm one who usually looks on bright side as well lol

I'd like to think we wont get relegated.

However given our home form, players, manager and general malaise at the club I do think we will be in a fight and that, frankly, scares the shit out of me

Good reply Holtelower I'm sick of this constant moaning and re-writing of history - under Houllier we were USELESS. People seem to remember this beautiful footballing team that he was turning us into - all I remember is watching the ball being passed from side to side by the back four. Also, you forgot to mention Gabby being injured - although he wasn't good enough to get into the team under Houllier.

I'd like to think we wont get relegated.

However given our home form, players, manager and general malaise at the club I do think we will be in a fight and that, frankly, scares the shit out of me

Im the same Rich, up until recently i thought we would be nowhere near a relegration scrap...im not too sure anymore. :|

I think it will be Wigan, Blackburn and either Wolves or Bolton who drop. However, my confidence is low where McLeish is concerned.

I reckon we will finish the season 15th/16th, and McLeish will still be here next season, despite failing to get anywhere near his targets.

if we finish 15th or 16th there's a good chance he'll be shown the door. i reckon we'll finsih nearer 10th and he'll stay. summer is very important for us.

we won't get relegated though, prob after the city game will be the closest to the bottom we'll be all season. we won'r go down though. saying that might not be such a bad thing, we might get rid of some of the moaners who think we have a divine right to be in the champions league and spend £200m every window! we could play the kids all together in the championship, get promoted with them and then build a team around the kids, rather than trying to squeeze the kids in the first team...

We won't get relegated.

I dont think we will, but i fear we may just get caught up in a bit of a scrap causing a bit of squeaky bum time.

How ironic would it be if AM took us down and the blues come up, for the board to put us villa fans in that position just doesn't show any loyalty or aprication for us what so ever, I really hope we don't go down but it is a real possibility with the way things are going here at the mo, AM tactics are a disgrace. And his track recorded for avoiding the big drop is not good. AM is a championship manager, only good for gaining promomtion. One good thing if we do go down we will have the right manger to get us back up lmao I can't believe I am thinkingabout this, Aston villa football club should not be in this position.

Wigan and Blackburn away in a few weeks will be a big test. But I'm confident we can get 6 points.

Absolutely crucial games...

People talk about 6 pointers well for Wigan, Blackburn and Villa this will be the case.

We seem to be struggling against the lower placed sides and the ones we EXPECT to beat (QPR, Swansea, WBA, etc)

I am apprehensive about the drop, but as already mentioned, thank God there are about 5 teams that are a lot worse than us, however, it is down to who has the fight in them.

Villa, at the moment, have NO fight.

Our next four games after man city are really important, wigan blackburn fulham and Bolton, if man city give us a real thumping I really can't see us getting much from these games, the belief in the team seems to be none exitent, best we can do is rob the three points at one game and scrap some draws, unlike 3 years ago we would be seriously looking to go to theses and beating them. If we don't get nothing from these games then we are in trouble, arsenal Chelsea Liverpool stoke and man u, even stoke in there, MON has gone a great job there, but that's no surprise to me, and every villa fan deep down knows this, we would be in trouble

Our next four games after man city are really important, wigan blackburn fulham and Bolton, if man city give us a real thumping I really can't see us getting much from these games, the belief in the team seems to be none exitent, best we can do is rob the three points at one game and scrap some draws, unlike 3 years ago we would be seriously looking to go to theses and beating them. If we don't get nothing from these games then we are in trouble, arsenal Chelsea Liverpool stoke and man u, even stoke in there, MON has gone a great job there, but that's no surprise to me, and every villa fan deep down knows this, we would be in trouble

I take it you mean Sunderland?