Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I don't give a **** who we're playing, you don't make unnecessary changes after our best performance of the season. I realise it's only one avoidable change but Cuellar should be keeping his place at CB.

In fairness, that's a bit naive shillzz.

WHat a load of absolute tripe !!!

Oh, and Bent - pull the other one Alex !. By the way anyone who is on here from the Villa - sell Bent and you have certainly, without a shadow of a doubt lost a 30yr plus season ticket holder. This club is being asset stripped !

I wont even buy a ticket, never mind a season ticket if Bent gets sold!

This line-up and the expected battle of attrition will suit Stoke down to the ground. They are all too aware that we can't defend set-pieces......and we set our stall out to contain!!! They'll just keep pumping the high ball into our area in the sure knowledge that one or two will stick.

Why change it back? Its nuts!! It would have made lots more sense to get at them like we did Arsenal because the onus would be on Stoke to change their game, not us.

Fortunate draw (optimistic).

Come on boys it's not all doom and gloom. If our players play to the best of their ability, we'll win this game. Some of you think we've already lost and the ball hasn't even been kicked yet! For **** sakes.

I'm sure Bent is out injured, not starting him out of any other reason would be ludicrous. It's not the case.

Villa to win, 1-2

the doom and gloom is because the 2 worst players ( bar hutton) have been collins and heskey, both have been total shit ALL season and both have been given far more time than they should have AND they are keeping others out of the team who litterally couldnt have been any worse had they tried to.

if you play a spaz long enough in a team he will eventually either score or not look too bad in 1 game yet the ginger clunge has persisted with both retards and neither has looked close to doing anything worthy of the first team squad on match day let alone being pretty much nailed on to start each week.

they are the symbol of the ginger clunges football philosophy

so while we WANT to win, it would be a double edged sword, it would be a game which statistically even a blind quadroplegic would be expected to have a half decent game had they been given the amount of first team action these 2 muppets have had.

we all want a win but they is also that feeling of if we lose hopefully we wont have to watch this shower of shit again, however it is counter productive as we all know we are stuck with the ginger clunge thanks to either complete ineptitude in faulkner or corruption it cant be anything else becuase as sure as shit it aint a football reason.

pleas **** god let collins and heskey collide and knock themselves out so 2 decent players can come on and we can then try and play some decent football so benty can see a half decent game before he goes to liverpool next week

Tonight's game will kick off with Stoke five points ahead of Villa and occupying their best position at Christmas in 37 years. The Potters haven't lost at home to Villa in the league since the 1984-85 season. In contrast, Villa have taken just eight points from the last 30 available and haven't won on Boxing Day since 2005. I wonder whose favourite?
Tsk. "who's". :winkold:

Tonight's game will kick off with Stoke five points ahead of Villa and occupying their best position at Christmas in 37 years. The Potters haven't lost at home to Villa in the league since the 1984-85 season. In contrast, Villa have taken just eight points from the last 30 available and haven't won on Boxing Day since 2005. I wonder whose favourite?
Tsk. "who's". :winkold:

Your knit-picking.

lol

I don't give a **** who we're playing, you don't make unnecessary changes after our best performance of the season. I realise it's only one avoidable change but Cuellar should be keeping his place at CB.

Perhaps with regards to Cuellar, but certainly not Ireland. Particularly when you consider we have 4 CBs playing elsewhere, there really is no excuse for playing Heskey.

I'd say that N'Zogbia has been worse overall than Collins - not as bad as Heskey though.

you have a point, i forgot about znzog which has been easy as he has done very little apart from hold onto the ball far too long and then either run into a group of players lose the ball and fall over or run into a group of players lose the ball and stay on his feet

although he has looked alot better in the last 4 games, it isnt difficult if he avoids doing what he normally does.

Perhaps with regards to Cuellar, but certainly not Ireland. Particularly when you consider we have 4 CBs playing elsewhere, there really is no excuse for playing Heskey.

I was picking more at the fact that I think it's fine to change the team when you're playing somebody vastly different. Ireland was good, agreed, but I can't see him getting much change out of Stoke, who will look to kick him about and frustrate him. Heskey is playing because he's supposedly a physical player... he's just shit though - I can't really defend that choice.