Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

What a load of rubbish. Gabby has been our best player by a country mile this season. You would drop him for a drastically out-of-form player who can't presently hit a cows arse with a banjo on the basis of one below-par game? :lol:

If that is your 'grounds' for suggesting Gabby should be dropped then Mr Bent should have been relegated to the bench weeks ago.

Give me Bent over Gabby anyday. Gabby hasn't done much for the last few games now he got in the way vs Arsenal. Feed Bent and he will score we'd have beat Arsenal if Bent was playing. That said Bent makes Gabby look better (all those assists scored by Bent?) so probably worth playing both. My argument is Gabby is poor on his own and if it was him vs Bent then it's Bent for me anyday!

Give me Bent over Gabby anyday. Gabby hasn't done much for the last few games now he got in the way vs Arsenal. Feed Bent and he will score we'd have beat Arsenal if Bent was playing. That said Bent makes Gabby look better (all those assists scored by Bent?) so probably worth playing both. My argument is Gabby is poor on his own and if it was him vs Bent then it's Bent for me anyday!

LOL, so the guy who runs with the ball, beats players and gets the perfect cross is made to look good by the person who puts it in from 6 yards? How does that work? Even if Bent wasn't there on the end of the crosses, we'd all be praising Gabby's work and saying 'Gabby played well, we need someone on the end of his crosses though'

without Gabby this season, Bent wouldn't have more than 3 goals. You say 'Gabby hasn't done much for the last few games' ...

In his last game before Arsenal, he set up the goal for Albrighton! 2 games before that, he was given Man of the match.

Guzan

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Clark

Albrighton N'Zogbia Gabby

Bent

/

Albrighton ----- Zog

Bent Gabby ...

2-0 Loss though I think. Sorry.

Can't argue with that team but think draw is most likely result.

Gabby is poor on his own? Either you have an extremely short memory or you haven't been a Villa fan for very long? Gabby was upfront on his own in a 4-5-1 formation for the incredibly successful festive run we had a few seasons ago, under Martin O'Neill, when we couldn't stop winning, particularly away from home. So that defeats any argument you were trying to make right in its tracks.

Gabby hasn't done much for the past few games? Sorry, are you getting the two of them mixed up? Bent has done next to nothing for half a season. Bent, by the very nature of his play, doesn't make anyone "look better" - he is simply there to score from six yards.

Talking of scoring from six yards, and your assertion that "feeding Bent" will mean he scores - what about the countless sitters he's missed this season? How many points has that cost us?

Gabby had a below-average game against Arsenal and all of a sudden it's Bent who has been making Gabby look good all season :lol: You couldn't make it up! What a load of rubbish. Had it not been for a fantastic save from the keeper, Gabby would have scored a first half header against Arsenal. But don't let that get in the way of your argument.

Would Bent have tucked away Albrighton's goal the other night? I doubt it very much. Gabby over Bent any day of the week - he's Villa, he's one of us, and he's a bloody great player who gives his all for the Claret & Blue cause. Bent will be off as soon as he gets a telephone call offering him more money, in my opinion of course.

LOL, so the guy who runs with the ball, beats players and gets the perfect cross is made to look good by the person who puts it in from 6 yards? How does that work? Even if Bent wasn't there on the end of the crosses, we'd all be praising Gabby's work and saying 'Gabby played well, we need someone on the end of his crosses though'

without Gabby this season, Bent wouldn't have more than 3 goals. You say 'Gabby hasn't done much for the last few games' ...

In his last game before Arsenal, he set up the goal for Albrighton! 2 games before that, he was given Man of the match.

Without Gabby and Given we'd be in big time shit.

People are ridiculous with Bent over Gabby. Gabby has been outstanding. Bent has been awful.

---------------------------------Guzan---------------------------------

Cuellar------------Dunne-------------------Clark----------Warnock

---------------------------------Petrov--------------------------------

--------------------Ireland-------------------Bannan-----------------

Nzogbia------------------------------------------------------Agbonlahor

---------------------------------Bent--------------------------------------

Looks good to me, if we're on our game on Monday night we could absolutely rape Stoke on the counter-attack.

Clarke will get murdered at CB v Stoke. I'd rather keep Cuellar and Dunne together and see if either Clark or Warnock fancied playing RB.

Just because he's "one of us" etc etc doesn't mean he should never be dropped! I don't think he should be dropped either but if it was a straight choice him up front or Bent and the other has to sit out then I would pick Bent anyday! 20+ goals a season, Gabby would be lucky to get half that in a season.

All those balls played across the box against Arsenal were gagging on Bent to be on the end of them.

--------Back 4-----

-----Herd----Petrov--

Alrighton--Bannan--N-Zog

----------Bent---------

You seem to just blurt out random statments which are either wrong or don't make any sense. You say you don't think Gabby should be dropped, but then put the team you would play for Stoke without him in it. Make your mind up? :?

And then you say Gabby would be lucky to get 10 goals a season when he has already regularly achieved that feat. Again, another meaningless comment.

You also like putting words in my mouth. I've never said he should never be dropped, have I? But he's been by far our best player this season and you still haven't given me a single logical reason for dropping him. It would be non-sensical to drop our most dangerous attacking player - we're struggling for goals as it is.

I like sticking to the facts. And yes, on his day Bent can be a very good player. Trouble is, when it's not his day (which has been practically every game this season) he contributes absolutely nothing to the team whatsoever, whereas Gabby can also create goals even if he isn't scoring them. If anyone should be dropped, make no mistake, it should be Darren Bent.