Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Agree with Hanky, reckon we'll nick this. Hopefully a last minute winner from a freekick won by a blatant dive.

If we lose, I'd like to see Pennant snapped in half though. Prick

Makes me want to smash Pulis' face in every time he moans about decisions going against Stoke (which is after pretty much every game). He conveniently overlooked that one. Whinging little inbred.

I'd go with:

-----------------------Guzan--------------------------

Cuellar------Collins----------Dunne--------Warnock

------------------------Clark-------------------------

--------------Petrov-----------Bannan--------------

Albrighton----------------------------------N'Zogbia

--------------------Agbonlahor-----------------------

If Herd is fit I'd put him in for Bannan, if Bent is fit I'd leave him on the bench.

Maybe we have gained more convidence with our performance against Arsenal and for that reason we just might sneak a draw, but it will depend on AM's team selection. If he goes on the defence again then we'll lose. Pick a team AM to reflect our strengths rather than that of Stoke's!

my worry is that our improved possession and passing against arsenal was largely down to arsenal sitting off us and generally being a soft team. most of our good quality play was in the middle of the pitch where we were not pressured.

how many chances did we actually create? gabbys header, a couple of low crosses across the face of goal. a typical petrov scuffer was the only effort besides gabby to be on target. the goal came from a complete gift from the arsenal defence. a defence that has the worst away record in the league and had a rookie midfielder at RB and their best player out of position at LB. not great that we couldnt do more against that even with bent missing.

Stoke are not a bunch of soft players like arsenal. they will get stuck in, they will not give us time on the ball. im concerned that because of this we will go back to hoofball, as has happened so much in the past when a team pressures us even a little.

---------------------------------Guzan---------------------------------

Cuellar------------Dunne-------------------Clark----------Warnock

---------------------------------Petrov--------------------------------

--------------------Ireland-------------------Bannan-----------------

Nzogbia------------------------------------------------------Agbonlahor

---------------------------------Bent--------------------------------------

---------------------------------Guzan---------------------------------

Cuellar------------Dunne-------------------Clark----------Warnock

---------------------------------Petrov--------------------------------

--------------------Ireland-------------------Bannan-----------------

Nzogbia------------------------------------------------------Agbonlahor

---------------------------------Bent--------------------------------------

Looks good to me, if we're on our game on Monday night we could absolutely rape Stoke on the counter-attack.

People who are leaving Bent out are silly. Imagine him getting on the end of the balls which were being put into the box on Wednesday.

We only played that way though, and got so many good balls into the box, because of the system we played. A system that didn't include Bent.

I would leave him on the bench whether he is fit or not against Stoke. We played our best football of the season against Arsenal with him out of the team. His head hasn't been right for a while now, and quite frankly it's like playing with 10 men when he's this out of form. Dropping him might give him the kick up the arse he needs.

What Villa certainly need against Stoke is 11 men on that pitch fighting 100% for the cause - something which Bent simply doesn't do imo.