Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

McLeish shows how clueless he is yet again, forming a team to defend and deal with Stokes aerial threat and not picking a winning team. Ireland and Bannan both great vs Arse and he picks the worst PL player this season has seen......i quit

I think we've made the right decisions at the back, this is a game for Collins and Dunne and Cuellar gives us that bit more height.

I'm not sure how the rest will line up, I'm guessing Gabby will be up front on his own but I'm not sure where we'll put Heskey. Be a shame to have him in midfield over Ireland and Bannan.

Come on boys it's not all doom and gloom. If our players play to the best of their ability, we'll win this game. Some of you think we've already lost and the ball hasn't even been kicked yet! For **** sakes.

I'm sure Bent is out injured, not starting him out of any other reason would be ludicrous. It's not the case.

Villa to win, 1-2

I don't give a **** who were playing, you don't make unnecessary changes after our best performance of the season.

Agreed, obviously there is the height difference but I haven't seen many other teams try and counteract Stoke by playing all their tallest players. We should play to try and beat them rather than counter them.

Knowing us we'll still go and concede from a set piece or two :lol::(

WHat a load of absolute tripe !!!

Wednesday, we had Ireland (then Bannan) and played a team that could beat Arsenal - Arsenal dont like being closed down, and that is exactly what we did.

Now SToke, well they are the masters of air ball - so what do we do, revert to type , put Heskey in and attempt to play defensive airball better than them.

I know Man City are the best, but thats how you play Stoke, pass it through them.

I predict a 4-0 loss and no attempts.

Oh, and Bent - pull the other one Alex !. By the way anyone who is on here from the Villa - sell Bent and you have certainly, without a shadow of a doubt lost a 30yr plus season ticket holder. This club is being asset stripped !