Renaming Villa Park?

KSV

Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

The way i see it if we can get a large sum of money for a sponsor to put their name before Villa Park then im cool with that. For Example if we had MBNA as our stadium and shirt sponsonrs then most likely the ground would be known as, The MBNA Villa Park. For me this wouldnt be a problem as it would still be known by the fans as Villa Park but more importantly it will still be referred to as JUST Villa Park by the media also IMO. Combine that with a hefty amount of sponsorship money and a shirt sponsorship also then i think its a win win situation.

Yes it would.

I don't think it will happen, particularly after the last sentence there.

Who cares if it gets renamed ?? We'' all refer to it as Villa Park. So basically people will get on there high horses just cos Sky Sports will call it the BT stadium or such like ?? Load of bollocks.

Forget tradition, sure it's very important but tradition won't get us into the Champions League.

Very short sighted me thinks of anyone to blatantly turn down the opportunity of having an extra 10 - 20 million in the war chest.

for fans itll awlays be villa park and I agree with grant I'd prefer stands to stay the same - with one exception obviously. the ground is there with its tradition and history and that won't change with a name change. If there are musems and monuments to our achievements, I dont give a monkeys what the stadium is officially referred too.

for fans itll awlays be villa park and I agree with grant I'd prefer stands to stay the same - with one exception obviously. the ground is there with its tradition and history and that won't change with a name change. If there are musems and monuments to our achievements, I dont give a monkeys what the stadium is officially referred too.

Spot On Rodders, good post

It should be ok to use them providing there are signs letting us know it is

MSBA Arena, Villa Park so this way people will know it is the home of Aston Villa.

Do you think Randy will organise a deal with Bank of America to allow MSBA to sponsor Villa for mega deals :) with Nike as our manfacturers due to American connection.

Guest heppelstone16

villa park can change for all i care cos like every1 has said it will always be villa park to us so who cares as, for nike doing the shirts (fuc* off) my dads company designs them shirts, i get free tickets im happy leave it at that even though Hummel does sound GAY lol

Well, for me it's also that I don't want to get sticks from my friends for Villa selling their stadium to rename it to The Coca-Cola Stadium. I'm more with the guy who wants us to take away the sponsors on the shirts but I know that will never happen and I really don't care that much about it. But to me some of Villas soul is in the name of Villa Park. and then again, most of my friends are Arse-fans anyway. :lol:

I don't like the sound of this at all. I've liked everything i've heard and read about Lerner so far, but this name changing rubbish is a no go for me.

I've heard a lot about how Lerner respects history and tradition, and now this.

Sorry Randy but renaming Villa Park is simply not on in my opinion.

Our tradition would remain, but in all honesty it aint been the same since Doug pulled down the Trinity Road stand, he should have gone to prison for that! Incidentlt Notts County play at the Aaron Scargill Stadium but everyone calls it Meadow Lane.

I don't like the sound of this at all. I've liked everything i've heard and read about Lerner so far, but this name changing rubbish is a no go for me.

He said it is an option, not definite.

Anyway, the Cleveland Browns didn't sell out as their fans didn't want it.

What is to say that he will overule our fans if they don't want it?

Saying that, most respondents do not seem to mind as long as the Holte End does not change.

In fairness the report clearly states:

"Naming rights is something we would have to look at because it could make a very positive impact on revenue," he said.

"I hope people are more open-minded about it now.

"If there is an extremely negative reaction, I'll have to take that into account."

Which suggests to me, that like Cleveland if there is enough negative reaction it wouldn't happen.

If it brings in silly loads of wonga then they can give it whatever name they want. It'll always be Villa Park to us. It'd be nice if they could incorporate the Villa into any new title like Boro have managed to do, but an extra £60m for players would do bloody nicely thank you.

If it brings in silly loads of wonga then they can give it whatever name they want. It'll always be Villa Park to us. It'd be nice if they could incorporate the Villa into any new title like Boro have managed to do, but an extra £60m for players would do bloody nicely thank you.

Exactly, and it would still be called Villa park to us fans!