maqroll

Where Will We Finish This Season?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will We Finish This Season?

• Top 7
    • 8th - 12th
    • 13th - 17th
    • Relegated

I voted 13th-17th purely out of optimism not out of belief! IN the topic about the way we play like sha i have for the first time asked for the manager to be sacked. This current team of ours playing the way we are playing has a VERY realistic chance of getting relegated. Bloton cant surely keep playing as badly as they are? Wigan keep picking up random results as do Wolves. Blackburn find themselves in a very similar situation to us but without the few extra points already on the board. So do i think there is anyone apart from the teams mentioned that are worse than us at the moment? NO! Sunderland have a new manager who we know will get them motivated as its what he does best. QPR may be pulled into the mix but i expect them to spend quite heavily under thier new ownership in the january window. Swansea, Norwich, Fulham and Everton i think are strong enough and play the right way not to get dragged into it so that just leaves WBA which i think under Woy Hodgson will be fairly safe.

SO YOU COULD SAY THAT AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME I AM WORRIED FOR US UNDER THIS CLOWN PLAYING LIKE WE ARE.

HE NEEDS TO GO NOW WHETHER HE JUMPS OR IS PUSHED THIS CAN'T GO ON AS IT IS AT PRESNT.

Fair play to you for having the flexibility of changing your opinion in the light of facts

I was quite happy to give McLeish the benefit of the doubt, after all, surely with better players and a bigger stage surely he would rise to the occasion?

I was obviously wrong! The football is dire, worser than under Houllier.

Somewhere between 7th and 9th. Man City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs are in a different league. We sit towards the better end of the rest along with Newcastle. We are utterly shit but lucky for us so are the rest of the league except for the teams mentioned above.

Well the fact that two posters thought we could finish in the top 7 bought a smile to my face. Im not as hopeful though I'm afraid.

I made predictions before the season had kicked out. Granted with a very bad taste in my mouth thanks to AMs appointment however so far im not too far off and I said that Jan would be vital, we need to invest or change manager to improve else we'll be floating dangerously in the few places above the relegation zone.

A hugely disappointing 16th. We will only avoid the drop because there are 4 worse teams.

Christ...You're normally the most optimistic person on this forum. Things must be bad.

I've crossed over to the dark side after witnessing that pile of shite.

Fair play to you for having the flexibility of changing your opinion in the light of facts

Shame you couldn't do that last year when I told you we'd comfortably survive. :)

Well the fact that two posters thought we could finish in the top 7 bought a smile to my face. Im not as hopeful though I'm afraid.

I made predictions before the season had kicked out. Granted with a very bad taste in my mouth thanks to AMs appointment however so far im not too far off and I said that Jan would be vital, we need to invest or change manager to improve else we'll be floating dangerously in the few places above the relegation zone.

One of them is General Krulak who thinks we will finish 4th, I mean 5th but we don't know who the other one is

Where are the optimists of the summer? The ones who were predicting top six finishes. I predicted 12th in the summer but we are worse than i thought - 13th - 17th for me

This is very very sad - not really sure what the point of it all is. Supported Villa for 40+ years but this is the lowest I've ever felt. I'm worried that we could find ourselves in real trouble

McHoof is a joke and RL seems to have no plan. Hard to know where we go from here. We will find it increasingly difficult to attach decent players - would players similar to Downing or Bent or Young or Milner join us as we stand now.

Very very worrying - downhill all the way

Played better tonight but another set piece goal against, we will be passed by Sunderland moving up as we continue to sink.

We have a better squad than some of the teams below us, but I can't see us scoring enough to balance out our poor defence.

**** rubbish, even when we play with a degree of dominance we don't have the talent (or memory) to put it in the net. Sorry for the negativity but I only see bad things. I really don't think Randy realises how this league works, it has no sentiment.

We will finish 17th or worse. At best 16th, and this will be viewed as success and nothing more will be done after Bent, Petrov, Heskey, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Cuellar and N'Zogbia all leave in the summer.

Its that grim. This is no fun - how far we have fallen in such a short time. Perhaps MON was right after all.

Â