Room temperature

leemond2008

My flat gets amazingly cold during the winter (to the point I have to scrape the insides of the windows with a credit card)

My only problem is that the elements don't really bother me and I can quite happily walk around in shorts and tshirt when it is freezing in my flat, now this is pretty good for me as it saves money but can be a nightmare when I have people round as I don't know what they would class as a normal temperature.

Any way I bought a thermometer earlier on and it is saying that the temperature is 11C, I know it gets a lot colder than that in here but what would you lot class as a comfortable room temperature???

I'm gunna keep tabs on the temp for a while then cuz the flat feels like it gets a hell of a lot colder than this

One thing that I did consider was a halogen heater they sell them for £15 and it's 1200 watts or something like that, would it be a worthy investment or not?

You are actually a penguin. Stop using the internet and go catch some fish.

I **** hate Penguins, I got bit by one once whilst trying to stroke one on the head and I've never forgiven them for it

That story needs to be told...

On a side not, have you ever stared in a Batman movie?

I always sleep with the bedroom window open, regardless of conditions outside

Likewise. I like to be under a warm quilt but breathing in cold air .

Same here. Not such a fan of getting up to a cold room though in the morning though.

A comfortable room temperature will vary from person to person. I know a guy who insists on 18C but then wonders why his visitors keep their jackets on and why his partner won't 'get busy' unless they're under 15 tog. I've told him that women rarely feel sexy when they have goosebumps from being cold!

I paid £50 for a programmable thermostat that adjusts the temperature during 6 variable periods on each different day of the week. When I know we're likely to be out, Saturdays at VP for example, it's set to 17C, which is effectively off. On the other hand on Friday and Saturday nights it's set to 24C until 3am. I'm happier paying the extra cash than telling my wife to put a jumper on. :winkold:

On the other hand on Friday and Saturday nights it's set to 24C until 3am. I'm happier paying the extra cash than telling my wife to put a jumper on. :winkold:

wowzers.

scorchio!

scorchio.jpg

You are actually a penguin. Stop using the internet and go catch some fish.

I **** hate Penguins, I got bit by one once whilst trying to stroke one on the head and I've never forgiven them for it

Didn't Spiderman get bitten by a spider?

very good point Rob ...

Â