Jewelry

kidlewis

What's wrong with a quality piece of Haribo?

Oddly I actually do have an answer for that; she's vegetarian.

Perfect. Tell her that diamonds are obtained by torturing baby animals.

• Like 1

Right, got a question for any diamond enthusiasts/experts amongst us; which out of the two would be the better value for the money?

• 0.33 carat, I colour, I1 clarity with more facets for £1499
  • 0.24 carat, G colour, SI1 clarity with less facets for £1350

Bear in mind that I'll be chancing my arm at getting the more expensive one to price-match with the cheaper one, in which case it'll purely be down to size vs. quality of each diamond.

I'd advise you to go with option A and invest it in a pair of these. 

paul-wall-grillz.jpg

It will make her smile (maybe a little too often).

• Like 1

Right, got a question for any diamond enthusiasts/experts amongst us; which out of the two would be the better value for the money?

• 0.33 carat, I colour, I1 clarity with more facets for £1499
  • 0.24 carat, G colour, SI1 clarity with less facets for £1350

Bear in mind that I'll be chancing my arm at getting the more expensive one to price-match with the cheaper one, in which case it'll purely be down to size vs. quality of each diamond.

Im guessing this is from a jeweller? Have they said to you that it has less facets on the cheaper one? I highly doubt that this is the case unless its a completely different shape.

From two jewellers, yup.  Jeweller #1 stated theirs had a larger number of facets than standard which makes up for the colour/clairty (allegedly).  I think it was 80-something as opposed to 68, called it "round brilliant" or some such.  Bear in mind I know bugger all about this kind of thing and am going off my hastilly scribbled notes.

From two jewellers, yup.  Jeweller #1 stated theirs had a larger number of facets than standard which makes up for the colour/clairty (allegedly).  I think it was 80-something as opposed to 68, called it "round brilliant" or some such.  Bear in mind I know bugger all about this kind of thing and am going off my hastilly scribbled notes.

A round brilliant can only have 57 or 58 facets. If he is saying it has more then it cant be a round brilliant cut and its very very unlikely that a stone of .33 will have anything other than round brilliant. What are you looking for exactly and I can try and help you out a bit more.

Bennettvilla will put ya right B)

I will do my best lol

You popping the question Gareth? Or just for a birthday present or summat?

Popping the big Q.  She baked pecan choc-chip cookies the other day, just for the sheer hell of it and it got me to thinking "damn, I need to tie this woman down pronto".

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

Popping the big Q.  She baked pecan choc-chip cookies the other day, just for the sheer hell of it and it got me to thinking "damn, I need to tie this woman down pronto".

Sucker. That (and the sex) will stop the minute the ink dries on the paper.

• Like 2

Sucker. That (and the sex) will stop the minute the ink dries on the paper.

Sadly these words of wisdom will be seen as Amusing but Not Applicable. Save yourself Gareth, take heed. Mike is trying to help you, not entertain you.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Which ring did you end up going with Gareth? The .33 or .24?

Edit: Congrats BTW.

Neither in the end!  After much deliberation (and unbeknownst to her) I decided to try and haggle Beaverbrooks down for a nicer one she saw in the window and loved, but dismissed because she said it was too expensive (to be honest, I assumed that was lady-code for "get me that one or else" anyways :detect:).  I used the "I'll buy the engagement rings here too" ploy and got the blighters to knock off £600 on this...

0000221_0_Product.jpg

...and then another £200 off the wedding rings.  :cheers:

Â